Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2006 3:58:55 AM EDT
Going to a funshow this weekend and I've seen Ewbanks receivers there before, my question is can you tell the difference between a 1st and 2nd generation ? I don't want the older one so I wanted to know if there are any giveaways to the age of the receivers like serial numbers ect.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 4:37:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Gen 2 step down top rail
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:43:22 PM EDT
[#2]

Gen 2 step down top rail

can you give me a liittle more detail on this as to what it looks like ?

Thanks

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 2:12:39 PM EDT
[#3]
The step on the top rail of a Global Trades receiver is shown in this picture. It appears where the red line is.  There is also a stamping on the ejector(?) of the Global Trades receiver which is missing on a Gen 1 of a Ewbanks receiver.  I don't know if this has been added to the Gen 2 Ewbanks receiver but the step in the top rail has been.  The step is a depression or step of the top rail that makes the rail thicker in that area where the bolt carrier rides. Thats the best I can explain it.

Global Trades

Ewbanks Gen 1 without step on the top rail.

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 2:21:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks Mak !

That helps alot.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top