Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2006 4:19:37 AM EDT
Does anyone know where a good cheap AK47 kit can be found?   I've ck'd the EE, but I though I'd get your opinions on what is a good price on a AK kit?  I've seen the Romanians go for less than a bill.  Does that get you a kit worth spending money on to have put together?  I just don't want to get a kit, just to find out that it's going to shoot like shit after I get it put together.  I'll more than likely have someone else put the thing together for me.  I have a SAR1 now, so I wouldn't want anything less than that.  My SAR1 is a great shooter, but I feel the "Dark Side" calling again.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:27:18 AM EDT
[#1]
I have bought a few kits recently from Scott at dpharms.com  From what I've seen other people get, they are great looking kits.  Some have said theirs appears unfired.  For $109 it isn't a bad price at all.  He's a great guy to deal with so saving $10 to go with an unknown dealer is a crapshoot.  I should recieve my kits over the next fews days.  I'll post some pics when I get them.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:01:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Rommys are a good start, you get what you pay for though.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:23:58 AM EDT
[#3]
bud if your still wanting a underfolder might thank about one of the yugo complete guns that century put togther on the DCI receiver. there very nice from what i have seen and priced right. just a idea.

my sportsman guide underfolder was in good shape after i cleaned it up.

i really would think on a yugo i want one but cant spend the cash now do to the Job.

Ronald
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:05:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Centerfire is a new sponsor here and Lois and Pam are absolutely great to deal with.  I would suggest that you check them out here.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:33:41 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
bud if your still wanting a underfolder might thank about one of the yugo complete guns that century put togther on the DCI receiver. there very nice from what i have seen and priced right. just a idea.

my sportsman guide underfolder was in good shape after i cleaned it up.

i really would think on a yugo i want one but cant spend the cash now do to the Job.

Ronald

Ronald,
How are the builds that Duke is putting out?  I'm looking for a kit, and then I'm thinking I'm going to get with him on putting it together.  Maybe?  Haven't got it all ironed out.  One thing at a time.  First I need to get a a Kit.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:36:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Mike has all my kits. i know the got some reveivrs in, i also know there receiver they build are getting there and nice. they had one complete bulid at the shoot. its the nicest AK i have ever seen. there receiver buld is top notch and nicer imho than the last global i have seen and way above the ewbanks i have seen. i dont think there to the point there to mass producing though.

i know Mike said he was going buld some more stuff this weekend.

i think his stuff is the best i seen. i think they will get faster as they learn.

my thoughts of you want a nice buld, that looks good and functions. then i would say stick with them. i am. i know i will get my bulds as soon as they can, they also do custom stuff and i know it will run.

Ronald
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top