Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2006 5:47:19 PM EDT
I posted my first thread about the rifle I had received from them here, and promised them I would do the same when our transactions were finalized.

I have no connections to MGS other than being a customer.

My first M92 Krink rifle I received had some minor problems, initial fitting of the lower handguard, and damage to the barrel, the internal finish of the receiver or lack thereof, and the lack of a pin and plunger for the muzzle brake as promised.

I returned the rifle to them after they contacted me when they saw the previous thread, informed me I could take a blued rifle immediately from stock, or wait a few weeks and take a parkerized one.

I decided to wait for the parkerized.

I returned the rifle, and 5 working days after they had received it, they called to tell me my options, we had discussed a SBR from them, but I decided just to take the Krink with the extended hider, parkerized finish.

I got the rifle today, the receiver is parkerized, and as they told me in advance, the entire parts kit has not been reparked, just the new receiver, there is some color difference, but I expected that, and planned on a duracoat, or other finish after the SBR stuff is done, so its no big concern, and not really detrimental in any case.

This rifle has the pin and plunger, it also has the mig weld that retains the fake brake left untouched after welding, again, as I requested, so its easy to find the pin to remove after the paperwork clears.

All in all, they delivered exactly what they promised, and the new OOW receiver does not have the big gap between the safety selector and top cover, when up, there is a very small gap, but everything is perpendicular as it should be.

NOW, my initial thoughts on returning this, after reading the press here, was to not even bother, but to just keep the gun, and live with it.

They kept in contact with me, the replacement shipped fast, and TO MY SPECS, I didnt get any attitude, although I do think they would have rather had me contact them directly, rather than post here first, but, as a businessman, I can understand that.

Bottom line, I was happy after the transaction was completed, so, in the end, Im glad I disregarded most opinions here, and went ahead and had the problems taken care of.

One other note, I did pay the shipping back to them, and they did not charge me for the return shipping for the 2nd rifle.

Would I purchase from them again?  Yes.

Did I learn a lesson or two?  Yes.

One, to contact the vendor immediately, instead of suffering in silence with the problems.

Two, it seems that for every one person that takes the time to give kudos to a good company, ten take the time to bash them, and that basing your actions on an internet board's prevalent opinion, may not be the best thing to do.

HTH.

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:52:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:55:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:00:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I've purchased 2 Bulgie Makarov and 2 CZ-52 pistols from them and they were excellent.  They warned me that the Makarovs may have wear on them even though they were 'unissued' pistols.  The finnish was actually perfect so I was pleasantly surprised.  I know that isn't everyones experience but these were surplus pistols and other than the condition I couldn't go wrong.  

Glad it all worked out for you in the end.  
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:50:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Damn, it seems that when I posted the original thread, where I wasnt happy, people couldnt seem to wait and chime in.

Make a good comment, and it just slips awaaaayyyy.........

Its really making me think that the glitz is more focused on tearing people down, as opposed to giving credit when its due.

Pretty sad.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:42:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I will never give MGS my money.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:07:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Being originally from Dallas, I wouldn't bother with these guys, it's just not worth the trouble ...
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:22:26 PM EDT
[#7]
If you know how to handle them they're not bad. These guys hold true to the saying you catch more flys with sugar. If you call them bitching and pissed the will tell you to get fucked. If you call them and explain your issues calmly they seem to take care of them.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:30:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Ive had both good and bad dealings with them.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:17:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Military Gun Supply  SUCKS ASS!!!

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top