Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2006 10:29:59 PM EDT
Considering buy an SLR-105 A1R, with a Kobra included in the package, for $825. Hadn't planned on getting the Kobra for awhile, as this is my first AK and I typically like to focus on getting good with the irons first. However this seems like a good deal.

First, do you folks really think spending the extra money on the Kobra is worth it? Decent quality red dot right? Second, how do you guys feel about the whole package ( Kobra + SLR-105 A1 R for $825)?

I have a connection with another dealer that would allow me to get a 105 A1R for about $540, very close to cost. My concern is that I've heard Arsenal has stopped making them indefinetly, and if this is true I might as well get the rifle while I can. Advice will be appreciated folks, once this money is spent I am done buying AKs for a good long time (college students are not rich) and I want to make the best choice possible. Any pics with a Kobra on a 74 type rifle would be great too. Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:00:03 AM EDT
[#1]
if you can get it for 540 over 825 with the kobra i would probably go without.. Kobras brand new are only around 200 at the most..

yes i love my Kobra and have no intrest in getting rid of it at all, this is a very well built optic and one of the best for the money.. *maybie the PK-AS is but thats for anouther thread*

so yes unless theres some other things comming for that extra 85 dollers or so i would just buy the Kobra seprate.

Jess
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 1:01:35 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a Kobra and I really like it.  The *only* problem I have had was getting it zeroed, but once that was done it just does what it is supposed to do.  I'm needing to get another red dot for one of my other AK's and I'm having trouble deciding between another Kobra (that I know I like) or a PK-AS-V.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:18:48 AM EDT
[#3]
I;ve had a kobra now for a couple of years and really like it.  The only drawback to it is that it is a dedicated red dot sight.  Meaning when the batteries die it's just a piece of glass.  Other than that I like it alot.

http://www.hunt101.com/watermark.php?file=500/29622Krebs-Arsenal_74_kobra-med.JPG

I also have the PK-AS-V and prefer it much more.  It is a black dot/red dot sight and does not need to rely on batteries.  Meaning the black dot is always there, only turns red when you turn it on.  Plus your head height is much higher for quicker aquisition of target.  Not requiring a cheekweld like the kobra.

http://www.hunt101.com/watermark.php?file=500/29622Krebs-Arsenal_74_pkas-v-med.JPG

They are both good optics, just a matter of what your preference is

cya
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:28:26 AM EDT
[#4]
I've seen NIB kobra's lately for $175.   SO, I guess I would take just the rifle as others have posted.   I've had the 'coin' type kobra and the 'aa' kobra.  Horse a piece on them as far as I'm concerned.  

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:35:13 AM EDT
[#5]
I have had a Kobra for a couple of months now and like it a lot.  I belive I paid 185 delivered from Tantal, so you can use that as a reference on purchasing a package.  As for the SLR-105, I like it so much I am going to buy another one!
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:18:52 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a dunb question. Do you have to remove the scope to use the iron sights. I want to get a low type mount for my ak. Will i need to remove scope. Thanks
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:23:19 AM EDT
[#7]
You cannot properly co-witness a Kobra with standard AK rear sight. If I have read your question correctly.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:20:28 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I've seen NIB kobra's lately for $175.   SO, I guess I would take just the rifle as others have posted.   I've had the 'coin' type kobra and the 'aa' kobra.  Horse a piece on them as far as I'm concerned.  

home.earthlink.net/~tlzkaasen/images/SEAK%201%20Jun%2005%202.JPG

problem is that he is only selling the two as a package. So.....kobra and all or nothing...
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 1:03:58 PM EDT
[#9]
I would sugegst you pass.  That's too much money....You can do better
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 1:15:17 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

home.earthlink.net/~tlzkaasen/images/SEAK%201%20Jun%2005%202.JPG

problem is that he is only selling the two as a package. So.....kobra and all or nothing...

The last kobra I bought was like new (seriously, not a mark and still in the plastic bag) for $130 on the EE. You may not find that price, but they're on there all the time for $150 or less.

So, get the other 105 and watch the EE for a kobra. You wont regret the purchase (of the rifle or the kobra). I've got two kobras, both 03Ms. Heres a shot of one..

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top