Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2006 9:27:31 PM EDT
I had my 2001 SAR-1 at a gun shop on consignment.  After a week, the shop owner informed me that the rifle was non-compliant and that he had disassembled it to be safe.  Here's his issue:  I have E. German furniture (butt stock & HGs) on the rifle - I replaced the crappy original wood stuff.  I understood that the 5 required parts on these rifles were the FCG, pistol grip, & gas piston.  The shop owner thinks that the crappy wood furniture was US - and hence the problem with the EG stuff.  

Does anyone remember what the original configuration of the rifles were regarding compliance parts?  

BTW, I was cool with the gun shop guys - they did the right thing when in doubt.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:03:35 AM EDT
[#1]
You are correct.

Sar 1 's were compliant as sold.

Century installed a US hammer ,trigger,disconnecter,  Gas piston,and pistol grip. (5 parts)
The Buttstock and handguards are Romanian.
You did not ADD any Foreign parts , and still meet the US parts requirement.

Your Gun Shop owner is ignorant.

Of course that is no surprise.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:26:38 AM EDT
[#2]
If you look at the list of countable parts it would seem that even if all you had for US parts on the rifle was a fcg you would still be compliant until you put a non-US made magazine in the rifle since 3 of the countable parts are in the magazine.

Get a new gun dealer...
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:48:07 AM EDT
[#3]
I never understand why people put firearms on consignment and let someone make a profit selling their guns.  A SAR-1 is worth more now then when they were first sold, I have never had a problem selling my own.  Never lost money selling a firearm myself.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:35:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the help.  I normally sell myself - but I was lazy and thought I'd try this shop out.  I was glad it didn't work out with them.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top