Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2006 12:35:19 AM EDT
I'd like to convert the rifle to an underfolder.  Of course, I'd have it professionally done, but what would it entail?

TIA

Bud
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:03:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Milling out the stock pin hole and other cuts,removing the tangs,reworking the back of the reciever,re-finishing and re-assembly.You'll need to find the folding stock for a type III to make it look right,it'll have milled or stamped smooth rails without the AKMS type re-inforcments.There was a Russian set on the EE,looks good but kinda pricey.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 11:11:29 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Milling out the stock pin hole and other cuts,removing the tangs,reworking the back of the reciever,re-finishing and re-assembly.You'll need to find the folding stock for a type III to make it look right,it'll have milled or stamped smooth rails without the AKMS type re-inforcments.There was a Russian set on the EE,looks good but kinda pricey.

K-var has most of the conversion parts..

You should be able to find a Bulgarian or Polish milled underfolder stock for much less... I bought one a year ago for about $60.. Using AA-OK as your price guide is not a good way to price something....
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 12:05:49 PM EDT
[#3]
ive done it befor it was alot of work but worth it in my case
but it isnt in your case

sell your rifle and buy a milled uf
you cant have the work done for the price diff in the 2 rifles
that dosnt even count parts and refinish

cheapest place i found was 350
that was just to mill the back and sides
no filling in the back or refinishing the rifle

heres pics just cause i luv to show it off

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top