Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2006 6:36:21 PM EDT
A little of the stampings on my gun....will also have russian selector markings. I'll have some photos of those next week.

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:37:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Its gonna be awsome!
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:44:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice...did you do that? What kit is that?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:50:57 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Nice...did you do that? What kit is that?

Kit is a Romanian with all the numbers and markings removed except for the new serial number (in front of the mag well on bottom)and 2 other things Ive mentioned. And no i didnt do that...my brother did.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:58:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I thought it read "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ" but I could be wrong.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:06:26 PM EDT
[#5]
It does...heres the original printing...... ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE! Oh I just noticed what you meant, its the correct spelling.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:32:05 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I thought it read "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ" but I could be wrong.

I have seen it both ways and spent quite a bit of time researching it.  According to the Greek section of the Ancient Language board I referred to your spelling is correct.  

It should be omicron - omega

not

omega - omega

Like this:

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:58:51 PM EDT
[#7]
I got my spelling from a website about the 300 spartatans....I think it was the plaque that at the site that its also spelled like the way on my gun. Probably either way is good.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:02:34 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I got my spelling from a website about the 300 spartatans....

You may want to double check the spelling on that one too.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:50:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Well Ive seen both ways....???? ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE! I dont know now??? well its there now  lol
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 9:17:05 PM EDT
[#10]
I must be retarded but what the hell does it mean?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 10:45:17 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I must be retarded but what the hell does it mean?

Molon Labe! (mo-lone lah-veh) (Greek: ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ or μολων λαβε) means "Come and take them!" It was the response King Leonidas I of Sparta (a Greek nation-state) gave to Xerxes I of Persia at the onset of the Battle of Thermopylae. Xerxes, with his 600,000 men, offered to spare the lives of Leonidas and his few hundred defenders if they would only lay down their weapons. Instead, the Spartans held Thermopylae for days and, while they died to the last man, they inflicted serious damage to the Persian troops, also delaying them and essentially preventing the conquest of the Greek Peninsula.

In modern usage it is often heard from pro-gun activists as a proclamation of belief in the 2nd Amendment and as a challenge to those supporting stricter gun control laws (referring to a government seizure of firearms).

Rent an old movie called 300 Spartans......great movie that tells the story.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top