Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/27/2005 1:27:21 PM EDT
http://www.gunsnet.net/forums/showthread.php?t=263469

The title says it all! I had an SLR-95 modified to a AK-104. After six months @ the smith it was finally done. UPS was down in his neck of the woods so he sent it USPS Priority Express. He emailed me the tracking # and it was mailed out on the Friday after Thanksgiving and delivered on the following Monday, to a vacant apartment in a neighboring city!!! What the FUCK!!!! I contacted him and confirmed the address he mailed it to (mine), and contacted the Post Orfice with this info and they preceded to not give a shit. Only after I did a lot of screaming and he called them several times and confirmed the shipping addresses did they decide that there was a problem. NO SHIT!! It seems that someone had put another shipping sticker on the box with an address to a vacant apartment. This package originally required my signature for delivery, but with the new sticker no signature was required! So the postman (admitting he new the apt. was vacant) left the package on the door step. HOW FUCKING CONVENIENT!!! Now it has been reported stolen to the ATF and I will most likely never see it again! I am so LIVID I feel as if my head may explode !!! The package was insured, but that's not the point, I want my AK!!!!!!!!!!!!

DO NOT USE USPS FOR ANYTHING!! THEY WOULD FUCK UP SOUP & SANDWICH

I will apologize now for all the expletives and the effects on your virgin eyes!
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:28:01 PM EDT
[#1]
They actually found my rifle!! I don't know how or where yet, but they found it and sent it back to Elite Firearms. Dave called me and told me the good news and it shipped here a few days later UPS. I got it on the 12/22 and am still in disbelief, but I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth. My AK was returned unharmed and the work Dave did is Fantastic! The fit and finish is Top Notch, from the gas block conversion to the Duracoat finish my AK looks like it was manufactured at Arsenal Bulgaria instead of Elite. Well worth the money and the wait! I am so impressed, I'm getting more parts together for another ELITE build! If your lookin for a smith with the complete package, Dave @ Elite Firearms is the way to go! Took it to the range on Christmas eve and this thing is a BAD ASS! What a Christmas this has been! Thanks to all the response to this thread, I know you guys were feelin my pain. I posted some pics as attatchments. Haven't figured out how to put pics in the thread yet! Belated Merry Chrismas to all!  

Thanks
Vjatskie
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:39:56 PM EDT
[#2]

Or as DThor might say:

Yer shillin' fer Elite!
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:44:54 PM EDT
[#3]
It's just a bizarre story.  Switched labels, Deliberate delivery to vacant apartment, miraculous recovery.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:47:02 PM EDT
[#4]
"Does this hold water?"

I don't get what you are asking?
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:49:58 PM EDT
[#5]
So what is the normal screen name you go under?
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:52:22 PM EDT
[#6]
wtf, you write that first post, then a minute later no less you find out it was found?  
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:54:01 PM EDT
[#7]
I saw it here, but didn't think it was a good idea to question it on said site.

http://www.gunsnet.net/forums/showthread.php?t=263469

KWIM
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:55:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 2:04:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Damnit...  I just saw it, don't know who the guy is that lost / found his rifle, but I have been lied to by Elite and Diamond Dave in the past.

I'm just pointing out that this sounds like another one of his scams.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 2:45:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Not gonna touch this thread, Not with a 10ft pole.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 3:03:14 PM EDT
[#11]
hafta admit daz pretty funny!!!

Quoted:
wtf, you write that first post, then a minute later no less you find out it was found?  

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 3:23:16 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Damnit...  I just saw it, don't know who the guy is that lost / found his rifle, but I have been lied to by Elite and Diamond Dave in the past.

I'm just pointing out that this sounds like another one of his scams.

You should edit your posts and wrap quote tags around what isnt yours.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 3:24:25 PM EDT
[#13]
+1

Yea definitely a "classic"

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 3:26:19 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

DO NOT USE USPS FOR ANYTHING!! THEY WOULD FUCK UP SOUP & SANDWICH

I will apologize now for all the expletives and the effects on your virgin eyes!

Man you even got that part wrong the expression is "Messy as a soup sandwich"
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 3:29:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Who gives a shit...

I say dump the new troll already...
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 3:31:44 PM EDT
[#16]
I have a kick ass cold and I'm not in the mood for new trolls.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top