Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2005 6:24:55 AM EDT
If its a 1 piece Buttstock/Pistol grip set like the vepr, choate drugunov and thumbhole stocks. Is that 1 or 2 parts? Also, is it true that If I have wood furniture and sand it down and refinish it does that constitute being U.S. made parts?
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 6:48:05 AM EDT
[#1]
1 piece is one piece as far as the dragunov and thumbhole type sets go. The reason for them is so your rifle is not en 'evil, pistol gripped assault-rifle,' and thus not needing compliance parts - as evident with earlier Romanian imports. And no, lol nice try.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 3:03:35 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
If its a 1 piece Buttstock/Pistol grip set like the vepr, choate drugunov and thumbhole stocks. Is that 1 or 2 parts? Also, is it true that If I have wood furniture and sand it down and refinish it does that constitute being U.S. made parts?

Wishful thinking J.!
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 7:58:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I guess You cant believe everything you read on here. And do Ar have to have the minimum amount of american parts too?
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 8:08:19 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I guess You cant believe everything you read on here. And do Ar have to have the minimum amount of american parts too?

I believe I was the one that said you could refinish your wood and call it US made, although I was sarcastic about it.  Would be nice if that's true though.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 9:01:04 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Yes, but since most ARs are made in the US they already have enough US parts.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top