Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2005 9:18:06 AM EDT
Sorry, I don't usually tread on the darkside, but where are the best sources for underfolder AK kits, if any?  With AR stuff I know everything, but with AK's I am a babe in the woods...

thanks guys!

Dawg
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 9:38:24 AM EDT
[#1]
the best is the polish PMKMS available at dansammo
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 9:56:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Agreed the best place for kit's. I'm on my 5th right at a grade 2
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 8:35:19 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Web address for those that don't have it bookmarked/memorized?
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 8:36:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 8:37:45 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Web address for those that don't have it bookmarked/memorized?

Just a guess, but maybe its www.dansammo.com/Default.asp
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 11:18:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, since I do not anticipate seeing that collector grade PMKMS I ordered from Akron coming in my lifetime,  I guess I better look for alternates as well.  

Since Bob and Dan's were partners on the Polish kits., would you think that  these kits are from the same stock as Bob's?

If so, can anyone who might have bought from both tell if they are graded the same?
In other words-are Dan's grade 1's as good as Bob's grade 1's??
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 11:20:51 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Well, since I do not anticipate seeing that collector grade PMKMS I ordered from Akron coming in my lifetime,  I guess I better look for alternates as well.  

Since Bob and Dan's were partners on the Polish kits., would you think that  these kits are from the same stock as Bob's?

If so, can anyone who might have bought from both tell if they are graded the same?
In other words-are Dan's grade 1's as good as Bob's grade 1's??

Have you tried calling Dan to see if he can help you out with your order from Bob.  Dan is a real nice guy to talk with.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:44:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 10:02:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks guys.  Still don't know if I will (or can afford to) do an AK build, but gives me some food for thought.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 10:07:06 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Thanks guys.  Still don't know if I will (or can afford to) do an AK build, but gives me some food for thought.  

it doesn't matter about doing a build sooner nor later or even never, it matter that you buy the kit NOW and secure it!!  only going to go up in price and you won't see any for sale, save for a few profiteers, a year from now
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 12:43:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Good point.  I'll have to see about selling one of my AR's to buy a kit or two...

Ideally I would like to get someone to help me bend a flat and build one from scracth.  Unfortunately I have no welding skills whatsoever much less a place to weld and equipment, which makes it a bit more difficult
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top