Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/30/2005 9:04:51 AM EDT
I've got a couple of the Romy "G" kits that have been selling lately.

What does the "G" signify?

How is it applied? (I haven't tried steel wool on one yet--is it just paint?)

Does it hurt or help the value of the firearm to remove it?
(I'm guessing no one cares).
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:16:24 AM EDT
[#1]
hey it's Friday, time for this weeks' "what's the G stand for" thread

Its a training rifle for the border guards that the firing pin was removed from, but was added with one before shipment conus...

The G is also etched with an engraving pen

It won't hurt the value.......all of em have it, if you want you can get a polishing wheel on an air tool and clean it up
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:23:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Iput my whole kit basically in a tumbler for almost an hour and it disapeared just about. Whoever put it there did it with a dremel tool. Id say it wouldnt hurt value at all.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:40:59 AM EDT
[#3]
The orange paint scratched off easily,and as stated above,its lightly etched.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 10:05:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Why would they use brand new guns as training rifles? I would think they would use old ones.

I cleaned the paint off of mine and cold blued the etching. I also cleaned out all the white paint in the numbers too. Used laquer thinner and a toothpick to scrap the paint off.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 10:40:45 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Iput my whole kit basically in a tumbler for almost an hour and it disapeared just about. Whoever put it there did it with a dremel tool. Id say it wouldnt hurt value at all.

Damn, that must be a big-ass tumbler!

Sorry for the redundant question; I haven't been here to the Dark Side much. I'll be around more as I have several builds pending.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top