Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2005 8:26:07 AM EDT
I saw the post earlier about making receivers and emachineshop came up.

has anybody ever used them yet to make receivers?

I guess the cost would be great as if you were to make only a few but you can can like 50-60 of them for like $6.00 each.

that'll be the way to go.

Is there any legal mumbo-jumbo that they say you cant build these or other parts firearm related, I dont wanna download their building software yet.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 8:28:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Having them build you a receiver would be illegal.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 8:36:21 AM EDT
[#2]
well, at least a flat. also they will be spot-on
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 7:44:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Ive been thinking about seeing how much they could make a US marked slant brake for. How difficult is it to use their software? Im guessing it would be fairly easy to sell them, as nobody seems to have a US marked one available.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 8:23:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I've played around with the software, its not too difficult to use.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:56:09 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Ive been thinking about seeing how much they could make a US marked slant brake for. How difficult is it to use their software? Im guessing it would be fairly easy to sell them, as nobody seems to have a US marked one available.

Brownells
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 4:56:15 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Brownells

Sorry Mak,  I have a Brownells slant brake #246-199-003 in front of me and it has no markings whatsoever.  I just file the yellow plastic bag it came in and shipping paperwork in case there's an issue with 922r.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:52:32 AM EDT
[#7]
You really save your bag and receipt for 922r considerations? This amazes me - and I have heard other guys around here talking about doing this as well. I guess in this hobby it is good to be paranoid, but I'll be damned if I am going to do BATFE's job for them. If those guys come after you for a parts count violation on a rifle you bought from a vendor - brother, you are in a lot more trouble for some other reason.

Don't take this as a slam, it's just an observation.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:07:21 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
You really save your bag and receipt for 922r considerations? This amazes me - and I have heard other guys around here talking about doing this as well. I guess in this hobby it is good to be paranoid, but I'll be damned if I am going to do BATFE's job for them. If those guys come after you for a parts count violation on a rifle you bought from a vendor - brother, you are in a lot more trouble for some other reason.

Don't take this as a slam, it's just an observation.

No offense taken but I'm talking about a kit build.  I've never been audited by the IRS but I keep all the receipts for the parts the same way.  I'ts best to dot your i's and cross your t's when it comes to the feds.  Never been arrested and don't plan on it or losing my hobby for any reason.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:50:27 AM EDT
[#9]
I used them for another project and they were easy to deal with. The software is neat - it tells you what the price is right in the tool.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:57:49 AM EDT
[#10]
tagged
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 7:07:31 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I used them for another project and they were easy to deal with. The software is neat - it tells you what the price is right in the tool.

As soon as I say that, I install the new version and it crashes. I can't even run it after the install.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 10:34:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top