Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2005 6:08:17 AM EDT
Hi, I got an East German synthetic stock set for my GP WASR-10 from Northridge, looks great (in a manner of speaking here
1. Did I get a defective one, or...

2. Is the stock simply supposed to stay in from a tight fit within the receiver? Or...

3. Are you supposed to drill your own? If so, can anyone recommend an easy method of doing this for the mechanically challenged?  Also, are the screws that came with the WASR's original wooden buttstock appropriate for securing the plastic one?

It's an AK, I imagine I could probably figure it out on my own, if I screw it up, I'm out, what, 30 bucks, but I thought it best to ask here where there is so much experience to benefit from. Thanks for any replies!
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:14:56 AM EDT
[#1]
What is Northridge (private saler or company) If company whats the web addy. I'm looking for a folder for my ak. Thanks
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:20:33 AM EDT
[#2]
I just drilled a couple holes when the stock was all the way in and used the wood screws. Not the ideal screw for plastic but it has stayed tight through a lot of abuse so far. As you point out if it gets ruint , no real finicial loss. Just be sure that you drill the holes fairly small so the screw forces threads into the plastic.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:22:40 AM EDT
[#3]
imacbo: It's a company, the url is www.northridgeinc.com. I don't think they had folders last time I looked, I got my Romanian folder from K-var. I believe they are out right now but perhaps they will restock. Northridge was very pleasant to deal with, and seemed to have some cool stuff at reasonable prices.

prophet455, thanks, I'll give it a shot. Although I hate the idea of marring that lovely off-brown chicken-skin-textured plastic...
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:08:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Mine has the complete german furniture, all 4 colors. Bings a tear to my eye. It is what the AK should look like ( at least my shooter). Everybody cringes like its a fat woman in a 2-piece. If you are changing the entire set dont forget to add(change to) a US part somewhere else.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:12:49 AM EDT
[#5]
I would recommend installing the buttstock, then you should use a pin punch to mark the spot where you willl drill a hole, to make sure you drill straight, the plastic stocks use different screws than wood stocks, the screws for plastic AK buttstocks are usually a little shorter and the threads are closer together unlike the wood screws that are usually used on regular stocks.

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top