Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2005 10:26:12 AM EDT
I was wondering if anyone has ever had to replace an AK gas piston to get a rifle to cycle right? I have an RPK that I recently purchased that the owner had problems with it cycling. The gas piston seem especially loose, so I decided to swap in another carrier to see how it did. It works fine now, and I've ordered a new piston, but I wonder if anyone can measure theirs and give me the size of a correct AK piston.  I'm talking about the diameter of the head of the piston, where it makes the "seal" with the gas block.... I think the worn one was approximately 1mm less in diameter than a "new" Romy AK piston. If I remember correct the good one measured almost 14mm and the worn one was around 13mm.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 12:24:23 PM EDT
[#1]
13.86mm is what my electronic caliper read.  McM
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 12:33:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah that'a about what my good one was, I wonder how one wears down by around 1mm?
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top