Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2005 7:39:27 PM EDT
Waiting on a AK Romanian kit from Aim Surplus.  I plan to use a Global Trades receiver and want to go with the Tapco side folding stock.  Will this fit up to the stamped receiver or will I need to customize it?
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:51:36 PM EDT
[#1]
run away from the tapco stock.

Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:03:46 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

+1 As fast as you can
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:06:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the input.  Any particulars as to why?  Any other sidefolder recommendations?
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:07:20 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 As fast as you can

+2 It is really flimsy, and would break very easy.. Money better spent on a original AK folder, or the ACE LTD folder..
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:07:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes it will fit, as you can tell no one likes them. It's between "cheap" and personal preference as to why.
I don't like them either.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:09:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:38:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Looked up the ACE unit.  Pricey but looks like a quality product.  
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 9:04:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Woodsman, Keep an eye on the EE, or buy an AMD folder on GunBroker/auctionArms.

Another ( hair-brained) choice I've been thinking about is to use the ChiCom Type 56ish side folder off of their BB gun. The trunnion rivets dont match up with the real ones, so I don't know if it will work or not.

Heres a pic from the Sportsman Guide
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 2:56:39 AM EDT
[#9]
I had a tapco folder on a Romy kit with an Ewbanks reciever. It fit fine and I never had any problems out of the stock. When I sold the gun I had close to 1000 rds thru it with the folding stock. The stock never gave a sign of weakness but maybe I was just lucky.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 3:14:56 AM EDT
[#10]
I had two tapco folders at one point, they were fine(ish) when open, but when they were folded they felt flimsy and flopped around enough to just be annoying.  They really need a metal hinge pin which would go a long ways to stiffen them up.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 3:20:37 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Woodsman, Keep an eye on the EE, or buy an AMD folder on GunBroker/auctionArms.

Another ( hair-brained) choice I've been thinking about is to use the ChiCom Type 56ish side folder off of their BB gun. The trunnion rivets dont match up with the real ones, so I don't know if it will work or not.

Heres a pic from the Sportsman Guideimage.sportsmansguide.com/dimage/96016i_ts.JPG?cell=200,200&cvt=jpeg

The trunnion holes are off and the stock on the pellet rifle is lighter weight than the AK stock.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 11:43:33 AM EDT
[#12]
I'd go with the ACE stock.  Only thing you need to do is cut the tang off the rear trunnion.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 12:33:30 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
The trunnion holes are off and the stock on the pellet rifle is lighter weight than the AK stock.

Thanks JOHNO, you just saved me $50.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top