Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2005 10:31:44 AM EDT
Will I have to add a US part if I put a folding stock on my SAR-1. Im looking at the E.German wire folder and Romanian folder, also the Polish underfolder with the US made receiver block.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:37:21 AM EDT
[#1]
No your SAR-1 should already have a foreign made stock.  You will just be swapping one foreign part for another.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:40:42 AM EDT
[#2]
I think 922F parts have to internal I do not think stocks count.  I have a side folder on mine that said if you are willing to spend time and money go with the underfolder.  With any of the 3 it only unfolds to 1 length.  Underfolder is more out of the way.  Mine below.

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:11:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Hey Mattl, where can I buy that scope mount?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:32:01 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I think 922F parts have to internal I do not think stocks count.  

The US compliance parts list includes the butt stock, pistol grip, gas tube cover, hand guards, and a three piece fire control group.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:51:16 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I think 922F parts have to internal I do not think stocks count.  

The US compliance parts list includes the butt stock, pistol grip, gas tube cover, hand guards, and a three piece fire control group.

I thought the buttstock was US made. = http://www.ak-47.net/ak47/sar-1.html

So i guess that means Ill need 1 more US part if I went with the side folder?

If I went with the underfolder and the US Made Receiver block (adapter for stamped receiver), I would be legal? BTY, the under folder and block would run me around $140 and Romy side folder $80.

Ive seen tons of SAR-1s with sidefolders! What you guys adding? If I dont get many responses, I suppose I can guess the answer!
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:56:20 AM EDT
[#6]
You dont habe to add anything, thats what they're tryin to tell you.

The buttstock on a SAR is romanian. The US parts on a SAR are pistol grip, gas piston, and FCG.

Edit: And i wouldnt put stock in anything on that website. He has a handful of errors in just the first paragraph.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:09:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Which is more desired, functional and authentic?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:21:53 PM EDT
[#8]
The romanian is most authentic, and the easiest to add (the german is almost identical). Since it folds right, you can keep whatever you have on the optics rail and still fold the stock.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top