Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/12/2005 8:43:21 AM EDT
Having nothing better to do as I wait on the rest of my parts for this build, I have been looking over stuff and planning on how I want to put this thing together. It ain't enough just to put it together, I want to put it together the way I WANT the first time round.

I noticed that the Yugo Krinks are not like the other types I've seen. They appear to have "regular" full sized funiature up front and not the short handguards of the other Krinks. Are these grips indeed regular sized? or are they a size inbetween the 2? I want to swap out the handguards with a set of synthetics so I can stain the stock woods for display. Can some one please verify if the handguards are this size?

I have also gone ahead and done a polish job on my FCG I got in from TAPCO. All the contact surfaces are now shiny clean. I also have a US pistol grip that will replace the Yugo unit. Everything else will stay "normal" I guess...well...that is if I can get a ACE skeletonized stock on there. Man I like the way they look.

Anyway, if someone could answer my foregrip question I surly would appreciate it.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:08:57 AM EDT
[#1]
IIRC, "reguler" yugo HGs are NOT "reguler" AK size, so either way it is hard to find a after market replacement. I may be wrong. I have a Yugo Krink in the shop right now, I'll check later today, if someone else dosen't tell you for sure first.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:40:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks man. That's what I was afraid of! LOL!
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:56:16 PM EDT
[#3]
OK, I looked,  I didn't use a caliper or anything, just my ruler on my Leatherman tool, the reguler AK HG appears to be 6 1/4" long, Yugo Krink appears to be the same length.......BUT(!) the deal on the end (front) that holds the HG to the barrel is round rather than oval like a "reguler" AK, so that would need to be changed, then I THINK you could use reguler AK HGs.

FYI, full sized yugo HGs measured 6 3/4"

Measured from front of receiver to front of keeper.

IMO just use the Krink HGs, it ain't worth the hassle to try to chang 'em.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:04:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Gotcha, thanks.

I guess I wanted to have a set of "beater" foregrips and a "picture" set that I'd put on every now and then to show off. That's out. LOL!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top