Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2005 8:42:14 AM EDT
Just got a Romanian SAR1, with the original sling. Thing is, the metal clasp that attaches the sling to the loop at the front of the rifle likes to chew on the wood of the handgaurd.

What kind of slings wont do this?
What do you folks use for slings?

thanks
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:49:17 AM EDT
[#1]
get a chinese sks sling
thay have a leather tab to hook on the front
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:21:32 AM EDT
[#2]
I second the leather tabs.  I ditched my romy sling and use the SKS sling with the leather tab on both the front and rear.  You will need to trim the width of the leather just a hair on the front, as the SKS leather tabs are just a little to wide for the Romy slot.

Use some leather conditioner to soften up the leather after you trim it to make it easier to remove and replace.  The other thing I like best about the leather tab is that it is much more quiet than the clip against the steel.  Stealthy the metal clip is not.

You can trim the leather with a simple box knife blade.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:47:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks folks, will do
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:04:20 PM EDT
[#4]
You can take a section of old 23mm bicycle tubing and stretch it over the metal to eliminate rattling and rubbing.

Edit: My favorite Ak slings are the issue ones.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top