Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2005 8:10:10 PM EDT
I sent him some nasty furniture from my Russian T3 kit.  He did an awesome job on it and took alot of pics of the process.

Heres the link: photobucket.com/albums/v43/cmepw/T3%20restoration/

EDIT:  Forgot to mention... in one of the finished pics, there are two pistol grips.  One is a new Russian piece, and the other is the one he restored for me.  Damn, they look the same
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:20:29 PM EDT
[#1]
that is fn awesome, how much did he charge?  
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:21:58 PM EDT
[#2]

Beautiful!
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:58:04 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
that is fn awesome, how much did he charge?  

I don't know for sure yet.

He told me a basic refinish is $35, but he did alot of additional work.  The upper handguard I sent him was too damaged, so he used another one he had on him and reskinned it.  I'm kind of expecting this will cost a good amount... $100 or so.  Whatever it costs, it'll still be far cheaper than a new Russian stock set.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 4:15:54 AM EDT
[#4]
dskeet, who built your Russian or did you do it yourself ?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:51:02 AM EDT
[#5]
That stock set looks SWEET!

He does great work!  He did the laminate on my Maadi.

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:10:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Nice.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:07:30 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
That stock set looks SWEET!

He does great work!  He did the laminate on my Maadi.

You have the wrong magazine in your Maadi Mr. Travis ....

The "Z" man charges $35.00 to refinish your stock set ... of course you pay shipping ...

I'll post my Russian set he just sent me ... I can hold it side by side with a new Russian RPK set from Stottman and you can't tell the diff. ... I'll post some pics l8tr  

BTW:  Super stock set dskeet .................  
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:10:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Anyone have Z_Recto's contact info,I've got a Russian AKM set that needs attention too!
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:59:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Here's Z_Recto's (Kevin) email addy...

[email protected]
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 12:51:31 PM EDT
[#10]
How much you want for it????
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:34:27 PM EDT
[#11]
He's done over 12 stock sets for me so far and has 3 more  he's doing now. I wouldn't trust anyone else with the refinishing but him. Total class act!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:00:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Kevin is THE MAN when it comes to soviet wood!

He did unimaginable things with a beat up T3 set I sent him. Right now he has three 74 sets he’s using to color-match the new pistol grips he made and a side-swivel "Red Dawn" AKM set he’s refinishing. You can’t beat his work and his prices are WAAYY too cheap, IMO.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top