Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2005 7:35:20 PM EDT
Are the Synthetic Galil style folding stocks for stamped AK's any good

I'm pretty sure the one I'm thinking of is made by Tapco.

I know I saw a post about them a while back...., but I couldn't find anything on them doing a search!

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:56:12 PM EDT
[#1]
they suck BAD

I had to almost give mine away.

by far the best stock is the AMD, rock solid, although you must permanently modify the rifle to use it (replace the trunion) it is also super light weight.

Second choice is the E. German or polish side folder, all steel, rock solid (mostly) but a little heavy. Doesn't require permanent modification to use it. I had to modify the screws though. the front one needed the head turned down, and the rear one was to long. and lock tight is important too, otherwise the loosen up in bump fire...
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:22:54 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
they suck BAD

I had to almost give mine away.

by far the best stock is the AMD, rock solid, although you must permanently modify the rifle to use it (replace the trunion) it is also super light weight.

Second choice is the E. German or polish side folder, all steel, rock solid (mostly) but a little heavy. Doesn't require permanent modification to use it. I had to modify the screws though. the front one needed the head turned down, and the rear one was to long. and lock tight is important too, otherwise the loosen up in bump fire...

==========
Definitely prefer the PL or EG sidefolders over the aforementioned synthetic.  I'll have an original BU sidefolder AR M9 type when I gt back from Europe next month.  Now that's the ticket!   Why K-VAR won't sell these is beyond me.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:20:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top