Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/1/2005 6:38:37 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:14:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:46:52 AM EDT
[#2]
WTF?  Is this the same 555th at Gunco?  I know him personally and was just at the shoot last weekend with him.

He doesn't seem like a con man at all.  Back last year he had a small marital problem and had a little trouble delivering a few peices he was selling, but that all got patched up.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:54:41 AM EDT
[#3]
It's that POS that was selling riveting jigs on Gunco that never delivered.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:55:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:59:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Wow...... There was a guy in KY called FSNCO who we banned for not delivering, but I hadn't heard anything about 555th.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:53:52 AM EDT
[#6]
We do need to verify this as I can not beleave this is the same 555th from other sites that was the origen of the 555th jig...

www.gunsnet.net/forums/member.php?u=27218

I will send him an e-mail and share this thread with him...  perhaps there was someone else using the name here that is a different guy?  I will also stand up for 555th so perhaps he is just having some personal issues right now?

Yea...  my 555th is in Kentucky too  
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:04:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:05:59 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
We do need to verify this as I can not beleave this is the same 555th from other sites that was the origen of the 555th jig...

www.gunsnet.net/forums/member.php?u=27218

I will send him an e-mail and share this thread with him...  perhaps there was someone else using the name here that is a different guy?

I couldn't have said it better. I just spent the last weekend with 555th and can't imagine him ripping anyone off. Hopefully were talking about two differant people.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:37:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Also have to say I'd be surprised if he was the one ripping people off.  The 555th I met seemed nothing but helpful and honest.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:58:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Are you sure you have the right guy???????

There is another guy out there ripping people off.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 2:36:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:00:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Seems to me, if memory serves me, there was another feller that went with a nickname very similiar. Like our guy from Gunco is "555th", and the guy here was going by "555"...

I could be wrong, but agree with the others, I do not belive that 555th from Gunco would do something like this..

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:01:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Jeep,

I just sent you 2 PM's.   I think there has been a big mis-understanding.  I gave you Curt's number and you can call him right now, he just got home from work and he is cool with you calling him.

As I said in my second PM there may be another issue.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:20:44 PM EDT
[#14]
I can't imagine or believe this about 555th.  There is some major BS going on.  I hope as much effort goes into clearing his name as has slandering it.....
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:28:08 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I can't imagine or believe this about 555th.  There is some major BS going on.  I hope as much effort goes into clearing his name as has slandering it.....

I'm trying to help Al...... In this case I think we will have a good outcome.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:48:20 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
The gentleman who stiffed me last name was Davis....or atleast that is the name he gave me. in a small town in KY. same guy? ...also has an address in WVa right accross the Ky border. If anybody thinks they can get in touch with him you might want to before the Federal and State authorities do.

Here is another person taken.....
www.ak47.net/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=123&t=292161

taken????...were funds received???  has this person complained????
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:42:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:44:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:47:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Here's the record of my transaction. ORF is right, it's FSNCO that we want so let's not get the wrong guy here. Sorry if I got mixed up because it's been so long and my apologies to 555th. This shitbag that never delivered the trigger guard jig DOES live in Kentucky though.

Trigger guard rivet jig on gunco classified.

Ji Skaggs was what he went by then and his e-mail was [email protected]. I paid for mine on April 29th, 2005 through PayPal and the total was $47.80 for one jig.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:49:55 AM EDT
[#20]
We have to rememebr there is quite a bit going down in that part of the country...  I do wish we could get to the bottom of this
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:54:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:15:38 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Yes AL,
Funds were received, then taken away. I did my homework.

BTW....welcome to the board

yeah, what a welcome.  my bud, who has done tons for the world of AK building, hung high and dry and allowed no site access to defend his self.  

Seems the issue may be with paypal (remember, the anti-gun people)...

You need to start double checking your homework..
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:24:33 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yes AL,

yeah, what a welcome.  my bud, who has done tons for the world of AK building, hung high and dry and allowed no site access to defend his self.  

I too received Paypal from 555th,Shipped 2 parts kits,2 parts kits were deliveried(to Curt in WV)and the next day the funds were froze in my Paypal account . I wanted to keep this off the boards to let 555th get it worked out on his own ,But.......  So looks like Jeep did do his home work and is not alone!!
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:20:48 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yes AL,

I too received Paypal from 555th,Shipped 2 parts kits,2 parts kits were deliveried(to Curt in WV)and the next day the funds were froze in my Paypal account . I wanted to keep this off the boards to let 555th get it worked out on his own ,But.......  So looks like Jeep did do his home work and is not alone!!

And how is 555th responsible for what Paypal does?  i've spoken to him, his card has been charged for those kits.  the money was sent to you, then retracted by paypal for some stupid ass reason to yet be determined.

who are the people who did not receive 555th jigs........NOBODY...  

As for the other 2 purchase issues, seems the problem is because of some stupid ass Paypal issue.  

So, from what I see, CREEP is stirring up a bunch of CRAP without checking the facts.

CREEP makes statements like "Whoa...already getting a bunch of emails.... please.. " like 555th is some scam artist or something.  

I wonder if CREEP is familiar with the words slander and defamation..

Seems if CREEP is a man, he'll turn the account back on and let 555th defend himself.

Calling the state police and fraud unit over a Paypal screw up.....What a bunch of BS

AL

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:28:33 PM EDT
[#25]
I really hate to step into this Neck deep but I think AL is very likely correct...  I am betting Paypal got a bug up their butts about his account or perhaps the accounts of those that used PayPal to buy gun parts from him....   is that 555th's fault?  

I don't think so...

555th has shared a world of knowledge to all of us and has always been one of the good guys....

I really wish 555th was allowed here so we can work through this... what good does locking him out do...  it's not like he is a Troll or caused other problems here...  

Give the man a chance, you would want a chance!!!

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:21:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:07:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Fuck paypal dude! They suck. I will never use paypal. I have heard of a few that paypal has screwed over. I wish this board would set up a normal way of using a CC for a membership. Using paypal is the #1 issue I have never joined.
Hope this issue get worked out

Samuel
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:22:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Jeepcreep is as good as they come,I've delt with him on several occasions and I've met him personally,hes a great Guy.From reading his account,I don't blame him for locking the Guys account,after all,he has a responsibility to keep con artists out and to protect the members.I don't understand why his e-mails were ignored by 555th,but if this is a mis-understanding and the result of Paypal getting pissy about gun parts,Jeepcreep will make it right.I spoke with him earlier tonight,not about this,and he'll be volunteering much of his weekend,loading up trucks for the New Orleans Relief.So be patient,he'll respond when he gets a chance.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:41:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Please give 555TH a chance!  PLEASE!  

I talked to him!  He wants to make it right!  

Lets all take a breather and not point fingers too much at any party.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:57:34 PM EDT
[#30]
BTW:

For those of you who do not know the nightmare of Paypal.  

Gunco had PP and we got froze, DPH got froze, Atlantic got froze, Blackjack got froze.  I know a few individuals who had PP got froze after PP found out they used PP to buy gun parts.

PP sucks and they have done other bad things to people weren't even doing gun stuff.

Paypalsucks.com
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:13:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:25:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Fair enough JeepCreep.   I know running a board is difficult.

I hope I haven't caused you too much harm.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:46:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:54:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:50:02 AM EDT
[#35]
As I understand, 555th has spoken to paypal and the verification issue is now fixed or being fixed.  

He also told me and others too that he does not care to send out money orders if that's what the people want.  Remember he was gone all weekend to the shoot and has worked about 70 hours this week.

as i see it, the outstanding issues are:

1.  the bakelite mag

2.  the polish & tantal kits

anything else????????????????????????

I tell you how honest of a person I think 555th is.  If by Tuesday the paypal mess isn't straightened out, I will pay for any outstanding items and I will collect from 555th.  

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:08:02 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 10:06:42 AM EDT
[#37]
Edited, I'm very upset over this.  I retract my post as to not inflame the situation.  KF asked everyone to simmer down and I should know better.  My post was not insulting, but I guess it could inflame a bad situation more.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:59:53 PM EDT
[#38]
I have taken care of payment to Blazenet.  I have made the same offer to you.  If you do not accept, I will make a donation to the website in your name for the amount due for your bakelite mag.  I know 555th expects nothing for free, nor would I..

Now, there are still some unsettled issues.....Who are the other people that were "cheated" or ripped off.  you mentioned jigs.  Who are these people??????????????????????????????????
who were all these people you were getting emails or pm's from that were cheated???????????

Here me now, think about it later!!  If you have been ripped off by 555th, post it here or email me, whatever, i will make it right!

I find it ironic that  a website that does sooooooooooo much to protect the 2nd amendment tries soooooooooooo hard to destroy the first.....

BIGAL
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:55:07 PM EDT
[#39]
I'm going to defend Curt here and this is what he sent me today.  I'm very distraught that this got to the point it did.   Not to sound like an ass, but this could happen to anyone including me or one of the mods here.   I really think people jumped too hard and given what has gone on I can see why in some way with earlier con artist around here.

I don't know what to say...... I'm very confused and angry.... I like ARF and it has been a second home to me, but.... I dunno....l I have a bad taste in my mouth now.

Remember, Paypal will screw you hard, they did me before.  

All of this below is what Curt sent me.  

Jeff,
Thanks for trying to help me out at arf.com. I have talked to paypal and can get nowhere but to have them "verify" my CC. This should take 2-3 business days.
here is there reason I copied from their website. it does not say unauthorized accont of anything like what Jeepcreep is saying.

PayPal is constantly working to ensure security by regularly screening the accounts in our system. We recently reviewed your account, and we need more information to help us provide you with secure service. Until we can collect this information, your access to sensitive account features will be limited. We would like to restore your access as soon as possible, and we apologize for the inconvenience.
Why is my account access limited?

Your account access has been limited for the following reason(s):

# Aug. 31, 2005: Our system detected unusual charges to a credit card linked to your PayPal account.

(Your case ID for this reason is PP-102-205-084.)

;;;;;;;;;;;

Unusual charges!!!!!!!! Gunparts!!!!! My card has beev charged with no problems on my CC end, Here is a copy of my online CC statement. I also sent this to the two people involved but they don't seem to care. they still want to flame me. I talked to the guy I bought the kits off of on the phone and he was pissed at ME. I told him I would send him a PMO if this paypal didn't get resolved soon, but he was still pissed.here is the statement as off today:

$6,400 $5,038 $1,500 $1,500 $1,361.81

Amount Over
Revolving Credit Line Past Due Purch/Adv Minimum Due Minimum Amount Due
$0.00 $0.00 $28.00 $28.00

Transactions
Click on any column heading to sort or on dollar amount for transaction details.
Sale
Date Post
Date Reference
Number Activity Since Last Statement Charged To Amount

07/28 07/28 R7024662 ELECTRONIC PAYMENT-THANK YOU -100.00
08/12 08/12 R4697632 ELECTRONIC PAYMENT-THANK YOU -1,200.00
08/01 08/01 4J1TQ400 AMZ*Amazon Payments AMZN.COM/BILL WA Standard Purch 26.45
08/23 08/23 4MCYPCWP PAYPAL *TOM1263 402 935 7733 CA Standard Purch 452.40
08/25 08/25 YZR34FWP PAYPAL *H2OFOWLR 402 935 7733 CA Standard Purch 63.85
08/25 08/25 YP8PWWVP PAYPAL *BLAZENET 402 935 7733 CA Standard Purch 590.00
08/26 08/26 00000000 PURCHASES*FINANCE CHARGE*PERIODIC RATE Standard Purch 12.81

Statement Messages

*** CITI AADVANTAGE MILES UPDATE ***
Miles Accumulated This Billing Period: 1,133
Earned Miles: 1,133
Miles Reported To American Airlines: 1,133

Remember, with a no-preset spending limit you now have more financial
flexibility. But you MUST PAY IN FULL any charges over the revolving credit
line indicated.

NEVER PUT YOUR CREDIT CARD NUMBER ONLINE AGAIN. Virtual Account Numbers gives
you a random number to use in place of your Citi card number for every online
purchase - it's easier than ever - and free. Get started today at
www.virtual33.citicards.com

Account Summary

Previous Balance (+) Purchases
& Advances (-) Payments
& Credits (+) FINANCE
CHARGE (=) New Balance
PURCHASES $1,516.30 $1,132.70 $1,300.00 $12.81 $1,361.81
ADVANCES $0.00 $0.00 $0.00 $0.00 $0.00
TOTAL $1,516.30 $1,132.70 $1,300.00 $12.81 $1,361.81

Rate Summary
Days This Billing Period: 030
Balance Subject to
Finance Charge Periodic Rate Nominal APR ANNUAL
PERCENTAGE RATE
PURCHASES
Standard Purch $950.69 0.04493%(D) 16.400% 16.400%
ADVANCES
Standard Adv $0.00 0.05888%(D) 21.490% 21.490%

Contact Information

Please see account Terms & Conditions

Mail Payments To: Citi Cards
P.O. Box 183037
Columbus, OH 43218-3037

- Make check or money order payable in U.S. dollars on a U.S. bank to Citibank. Include account number on check or money order. No cash please.

To report billing errors,
write to this address or
complete the online form.
Calling will not preserve your rights.

P.O. Box 6035
The Lakes, NV 89163-6035
Contact Us for Customer Service

Translate Statement Terms

This whole mess is paypal's fault, I did nothing wrong and will make all things right. My CC is in excellent standing ( not stolen ) as has been said.

He said he's been trying to get a hold of me with no replies!!! I emailed him the very next day!!! Paypal did this on the 31rst of Aug.
I emailed him the next day and I can forward that to you if you want.

sorry for the LOOONNNGGGG PM , but I thought you might want to see some Facts.

thanks, Curt
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:56:45 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
I have taken care of payment to Blazenet.  I have made the same offer to you.  If you do not accept, I will make a donation to the website in your name for the amount due for your bakelite mag.  I know 555th expects nothing for free, nor would I..

Now, there are still some unsettled issues.....Who are the other people that were "cheated" or ripped off.  you mentioned jigs.  Who are these people??????????????????????????????????
who were all these people you were getting emails or pm's from that were cheated???????????

Here me now, think about it later!!  If you have been ripped off by 555th, post it here or email me, whatever, i will make it right!

I find it ironic that  a website that does sooooooooooo much to protect the 2nd amendment tries soooooooooooo hard to destroy the first.....

BIGAL

I have similar concerns as Al said, but I cannot puts words together because I've been livid all day over this.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:38:23 PM EDT
[#41]
DAMN..I can feel it flowing through my veins..let's have some truth and honesty here....I'm pumped, let's settle this issue now...let's stand tall and be men..

BigAl
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:49:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:51:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:51:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Thanks Jeep for all your help in getting this resolved. I have received full payment on 555th's behalf

Blazenet
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:09:41 PM EDT
[#45]
You know, I joined this board hoping to meet some new people, make some new friends.  I hoped to share what little bit of AK knowledge I had with outher members, I hoped to learn from them too...

that being said..

Well, looks like you are FULL OF SHIT!! you started this crap, pretending you were saving ar15.com from some great scam artist.  you have still failed to produce JACK SHIT other than the Paypal mistake for you and Blazenet. You lied concerning all other claims, but yet you want to hide behind your Mod status...555th is twice the man you'll ever be, you know why, he has told me he was wrong before, something you seem incapable of doing.

"Whoa...already getting a bunch of emails.... please.. email me all the specifics, date, payment method,his email addy everything you can. The Detective and myself already have his ISPs. We have a Detective with the Kentucky State Police internet crimes department who is involved. I guess some people don't realize that once you involve the US Post Office, it becomes a FELONY...."

WHERE ARE THEY???  YOU ARE WEAK....ADMIT IT!!!!  I will forgive you, so will everyone else, including Curt.   You can do it, stand up, be a MAN...

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:32:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:00:53 PM EDT
[#47]
I lurked here before...Joined when the lies started....alot of people know me from other boards..

Curt doen't need me to defend  himself, he only needs a chance..which is hard to do if you're banned...remember the first amendment...???

Curt is my good friend, only because he is honest and a stand up guy. you can ask anyone...

I except no less from my friends, be right, be just...he is all that, a good friend...one you can count on....honest, trustworthy

I would still like to know about your other complaints..if there were any...tell us all

your mag is in the mail......

i'm glad i amuse you.  i like to make people happy.  i hope you are happy.

PS..there was no guilty, except in your mind...Your "cause" had nothing to do with Blazer getting his $$$$....If you're not hiding, where all the other cheated victoms you ranted about.....

BigAl
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:09:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:17:44 PM EDT
[#49]
nice come back potsy...

where are all the other complaints, rip- offs, etc....

just tell us, we want to know...

BigAL
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:25:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top