Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2005 2:02:33 PM EDT
I got an interestig email back from Ace Ltd in reference to their out of production AK scope mount

Yes, Joe we do plan to make them again.
probably not until 2-06.
Bob & ACE

I wanted one and now I just have to wait.  I will plan for spring '06 to give some cushion time.

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 2:45:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Is this the rail that replaces the rear sight?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:13:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I think that it plus the AR rear aperature.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:52:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I just hope that they have improved the mounting of the ACE AKSMS (if that's what their bringing back).  The original mounting method was prone to cracking the mount itself and wasn't very stable, I believe that's why they stopped selling it, another problem was that it wouldn't fit "ALL" AK's.   IIRC, the Bulgarian and some Romanian rear sight blocks created some of the mounting problems.  Wham-Bam installations of parts has always been a hit or miss type of thing for AK's due to their sloppy tolerances

When I bought and sold the last stock of the remaining ACE AKSMS mounts, I had to re-design the mounting system to provide a rock solid base with which to attach a red dot.  It ended up as a custom-type installation but really nothing that complex for the AK builder.

Hope they get it right this time.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:30:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Got any pictures?

Yours,
One Rusty Nut.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:03:46 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Got any pictures?

Yours,
One Rusty Nut.

I don't know who your response is for but if your looking for pictures of the original ACE mount here's a link...  I only have one of the original mounts left and it will be interesting to see if they've re-worked the new one.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=51&t=74829
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:16:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Hey Hammer in PA!

Thank for the link!  I read this in one of your posts:

"I was the one who developed the installation tutorial and sold the remaing stock from ACE. I wish I had saved more for myself."

Can you point me to a link.  I would love to read/see your tutorial!

Yours,
One Rusty Nut.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:43:51 PM EDT
[#7]
1-Rusty-Nut...

The tutorial was put on a CD (as well as other cool info) and included with each mount that I sold.  I didn't post it anywhere because it really only applied to those that had bought the mount.  Also, being I made it 33 pages long, (it's very, very detailed  with tons of pictures) it was really to big to post.

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:52:20 AM EDT
[#8]

Originally Posted By Hammer in PA:
1-Rusty-Nut...

The tutorial was put on a CD (as well as other cool info) and included with each mount that I sold.  I didn't post it anywhere because it really only applied to those that had bought the mount.  Also, being I made it 33 pages long, (it's very, very detailed  with tons of pictures) it was really to big to post.

Dang!  Good work!  Have you got an extra tutorial CD laying around for sale?

Yours,
One Rusty Nut.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:33:52 AM EDT
[#9]
1-Rusty-Nut...

Yes, I do sell the CD.  It comes with not only the tutorial for the installation of the ACE mount but also 18 other tutorials I did from installing lower rails to making a 5 round AK-74 magazine.  Basiclly it's a builder's guide to the AK.

I'll "IM" you with the info.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:41:18 AM EDT
[#10]
tag
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:57:18 AM EDT
[#11]

Originally Posted By Hammer in PA:
1-Rusty-Nut...

Yes, I do sell the CD.  It comes with not only the tutorial for the installation of the ACE mount but also 18 other tutorials I did from installing lower rails to making a 5 round AK-74 magazine.  Basiclly it's a builder's guide to the AK.

I'll "IM" you with the info.

Thanks Hammer in PA.  I have recieved your message, and responded to it.

yours,
One Rusty Nut.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:23:15 AM EDT
[#12]
I found some pictures of the ACE rail for AK rifles some time ago.  I don't remember where they came from.  They might have been from Hammer in PA.  I'll post them on Photo Bucket and them try and make a link to them.

yours,
One Rusty Nut.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:35:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Okay!  I found them.  I uploaded them.  I copied links!  Let's see if I can get them posted here!

Cross your fingers!

Well, that did not work!  Let me try something else!

One Rusty Nut.

Here we go again!

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:44:41 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I found some pictures of the ACE rail for AK rifles some time ago.  I don't remember where they came from.  They might have been from Hammer in PA.  I'll post them on Photo Bucket and them try and make a link to them.

yours,
One Rusty Nut.

Yes, those pictures are the ones I took after my first ACE AKSMS (AK Scope Mount Short) installation.  I'm surprised you found them, that was quite a while ago.  The mount picture with the letters a.), b.) was for the tutorial I made identifying the different parts.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 12:12:02 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I got an interestig email back from Ace Ltd in reference to their out of production AK scope mount

Yes, Joe we do plan to make them again.
probably not until 2-06.
Bob & ACE

I wanted one and now I just have to wait.  I will plan for spring '06 to give some cushion time.

Very COOL!
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:46:44 PM EDT
[#16]
How much were the originals? I wonder if the new ones will be about the same price?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:09:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Please don't quote me on this but I think that the originals sold for close to a $100.00 from ACE.    I don't remember where I read/saw that but it sticks in my mind.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top