Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2005 6:46:07 PM EDT
Well my very first AK was a wasr. I refinished it in norrels, put an ace folder and different hand gaurds but it is still a wasr and I love it.

Well last weekend a friend tells me his co-worker is selling a mak90. So my friend sets up a time we can meet. He brought the rifle over and let me look it over. I was very impressed with the quality and finish. Now I dont know alot about ak's but this was alot nicer than my wasr came from the factory even though it has a thumbhole stock.

It also came with a chinese drum, 2 steel 30's and 6 10 rounders. I think I made out pretty good and am very happy with it. Now to get US parts and put a FH on it
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:03:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I had a MAK90. Definetly MUCH better finish than a WSAR-10. Mags were much easier to insert in my MAK than my buddies WSAR10. It also didn't get trigger slap, or have a canted sight like my buddies.

I added USA handguards, tapco gas piston and a tapco g2 trigger group. Had planned a pistol grip/folding stock setup. Ended up selling the rifle...to my dad. So it isn't really gone.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 2:34:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Just a reminder Johnny, puttin that drum on that gun in the great stat of Ohio is not legal. I can dig it up somewhere but it has been mentioned before.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:54:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Johnny you should sell the drum to me.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:59:52 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Just a reminder Johnny, puttin that drum on that gun in the great stat of Ohio is not legal. I can dig it up somewhere but it has been mentioned before.

Yea I know. Its still nice to have for a conversation piece or collectors item though
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top