Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2005 8:22:28 AM EDT
I recently purchased a new SLR-101S ($700).  I have found very little info on this model. Is it considered to be well made? How does it compare to the other SLR models? Mine accepts hi-cap mags, does this mean that it was modified as some point or could it have been imported like this, it has a made in Bulgaria milled receiver.   Thanks for any help !
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:19:16 AM EDT
[#1]
I owne one its a great rifle,Its post ban so no bayo lug and has a weird muzzle break that you can have changed,but the only difference is it has a scope rail and they are sent in to the country as a single stack and then widened,by arsenal...There pretty much true bulgy rifles,I beleive the sam 7 is an american made true double stack right from birth...
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 12:11:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought one for my first (also probaly only) AK-
I consider it to be a very well made rifle and believe that is the consensus among most other people as well. I believe they began life as a single stack rifle and were converted in the U.S.A. to  accept double stack magazines.
Mine shoots as well as my DSA medium contour FAL out to 200 yds. (haven`t shot it at a longer range yet) and shoots as well as a neighbor`s pre-ban PolyTech which is a very accurate rifle.
I kind of like the muzzle brake on the Arsenal, it recoils less that an unbraked AK in the same caliber-something I like as I get older.
I think you made a very wise purchase-hope you enjoy it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:28:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the responses. I'm glad to hear that other SLR101 owners are happy with them. I haven't had it to the range yet, but I will soon.

Thanks  
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:56:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Another happy owner. It has to be on the best buy list...... It sports no cleaning rod holder or bayonet lug. If you can live with that..... You have a very good rifle. WarDawg
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:12:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Just one more happy slob with one of the 101s 's .  It is almost as accurate as my Vepr K. My only complaint is the nato length furniture. I have been considering using it as a base for a customized gun. Krebs or AK USA jump to mind.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:29:13 AM EDT
[#6]
I've been shooting mine for about 3 years and love it.  Lots of people don't care for the brake but I think it's effective.  $700 is a bit steep I paid $550 for mine.  These are no longer being imported so that may justify the price increase.  Buy lots of ammo and mags your gone to love this gun.  Have fun shooting and welcome to the Darkside.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 10:36:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Yeah I paided About $490 for mine about 3 years ago. It is a soilid rifle. I call it a SAM 7 's little cousin. WarDawg
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 2:59:18 PM EDT
[#8]
nhgunnut,

You can always switch to a warsaw pact length buttstock available from k-var.  I did on my slr-101
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:38:35 PM EDT
[#9]
I bought one about 2yrs ago for under $500, best money spent in my collection.  It's the base for a'lil custom work and a perfect shooter.  I don't shoot for groups per se, but it'll make the milk jugs dance at 100yds all day and never choke on any ammo.  
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top