Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2005 11:55:56 PM EDT
I am trying to help my brother out with his Vector AK model MK99. The first and only time we shot the rifle we ran into a problem. Everything goes fine if we shoot it slow fire, but when we shoot it rapid fire the receiver cover will pop out of battery at the front. The cover stays in place but we had to hold it down with a finger if we wanted to shoot it rapid fire. Is there any place to get a good quality replcement cover for it? It looks to be a little too short, maybe by a 1/8 inch. Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 4:15:15 AM EDT
[#1]
It sounds to me like the rear trunnion may be slightly off.You could try a different top cover or contact the builder.

Try Northridge or Numerich for a replacement.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 4:37:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:13:47 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Try bending the rear lip out a bit, so it pushes the cover fwd a bit into the other end.

That would probably work.

Its probably happening because of the OOW receiver, not the cover. IIRC they are slightly longer then they should be.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:58:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank you guys for the help on the top cover.

I need a bit more help with something else. I am looking to put an AR15 style buttstock on the rifle, the 6 position newer style, an AR15 style pistol grip, like the one from Hogue, and the Ultimak rail system. Where do I go to find this stuff? I have been searching the net for parts but need to know where to find deals on prices or who has the best customer service. I am from the other side of this board and the AK is new to me.
I need some info on installation of the Ultimak rails. The rifle is from Vector arms. I was looking at the front sling loop and was wondering if it will cause a problem with installation of the rail system.
Again, any help would be appreciated!
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:07:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I purchased my Ultimak rail from Blackjack Buffers and installed a TDI tri-rail lower handguard. The sling mount did not interfere with anything.

I purchased an AR stock adapter from a member in the EE.

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:30:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Blackjack Buffers should have whatever you need here: www.blackjackbuffers.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=67 ...

If your still having problems with your brothers topcover you could alway's get a Galil spring assembly, they're not cheap though. The rear tang is longer and it's a piston type assembly, I prefer to use them whenever possible ...
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top