Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2005 10:47:48 PM EDT
Wheres the best place to get a makarov at a descent price. I can get the Polish model at AIM for $139.00 but its not a true Makarov, Im looking for either a Russian or Bulgarian 9x18 Mak. Anyone know a good place?????????
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:03:43 PM EDT
[#1]
soviet military makarovs, are going to set you back about 400 bucks or so.......and they are only had on the secondary market, you have to hunt for them on different market boards, auction sites etc.... bulgarians from SOG is 140 bucks, which is a good price

www.southernohiogun.com/surplushandguns.html
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 5:22:17 AM EDT
[#2]
$140 dollar Bulgarian is a good deal....Mine was freaken nice.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 5:50:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 5:52:03 AM EDT
[#4]
$400 for the Russian Makarov, shit, I used to have 4 of those that I picked up for like $125 a piece and gave them away to my friends, LOL ...
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 11:29:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 2:57:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I got two Bulgarian Makarov's from SOG about two years ago - sweet, sweet, sweet little handguns, and in pretty decent condition...
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 2:21:43 AM EDT
[#7]
jgsales.com

http://gunboards.com/forums/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=60

~Brothermak
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 5:28:42 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
While the Russian and E Ger have nicer finishes, the lightly used Bulgy models are great values. And a chromed handgun bbl is not going to wear out :)

www.akronarmory.com  then click on handguns for great sample pics of model quality, and note the much nicer/smaller importer marks than what you normally find...

Mine loves the Barnaul hp, and a Fobus paddle holster.

Call Akron Armory,..You may be suprised what Bob has that does not show up on the "site".

PS,..Ron,..thanks for the "plug"!
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:34:16 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
$400 for the Russian Makarov, shit, I used to have 4 of those that I picked up for like $125 a piece and gave them away to my friends, LOL ...

Apache, they would have had to have been full military Maks, with no import marks, dated in the 70's or 80's to fetch $400....if anyone of those factors was not true on your give-aways, don't cry too hard

-C
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 12:41:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Makarov...I own 5 (had 9 until I sold some) and they are great little handguns.   J&G is out of them.  I see the Bulgarian Maks at gunshows in AZ for about $160.00 all the time.  If you can buy one local for around $165.00 you are still not getting a bad deal.  Once you order one and have it sent to NV you will be adding how much for shipping and the dealer transfer?  
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 1:44:14 PM EDT
[#11]
This question takes me to a place far away and a relatively long time ago.  Right after the collapse of the Berlin Wall I switched jobs and took over as the G2 of the Berlin Brigade.  Gun shops in the (former) West Berlin had limited wares under the occupation regime and in any event were few in number. Similar shops in the former Eastern part of the city sprang up too, but at a much slower pace.  Anyway, after the Wall came down and the occupation being over by the fall of '90, lots of interesting Eastern Bloc weapons and esoteric accessories were available at these shops for a song.  

So one day one of my Lieutenants and fellow gun nut came into my office and told me about these incredible deals on get this.....$40 ex-DDR PMs (Pistole Makarov) at this gun shop in the former French Sector.  Unfreakin' believeable!  Sure enough, next day I loaded up a couple of vehicles with dang near the rest of my staff and we cherry picked the entore lot.  This guy had a couple of hundred of these things in a 55 gallon drum no less!  Well, I got both a terrific 1959 and a 1961 model.  The '61 model was most unusual in that it has red grips, like the Sov models but it''s the typical East German pattern.  Very odd....never seen another one like it.  Tons of other goodies available then, too.  Ex-NVA (National People's Army) and MdI (Ministry of the Interior - Police) accessories and ammo was like I said, dirt cheap.  

Yeah, those were the times.  Came back with an ex-NVA SKS (Karibiner-S), too.  Then there's the 5.45mm SSG-2 (18" bbl variant -- most odd). What prizes.  The wonderful thing about all these items is that they have a story behind them.  Many items and stories from the previous jobs.  Some of them....incredible stories.   Three tours in Berlin (yeah, I was a very lucky SOB) lets one pack enough memories for a lifetime.  

The message?  It's not about the Makarov or some obscure memorabilia.  It's the stories that goes with them.  If you haven't yet lived and you're young enough to go out and walk the edge of a razor ... and for a noble cause, then by all means go out there and grab your memories.  Then you too can share them with others years from now.    
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 1:48:30 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
This question takes me to a place far away and a relatively long time ago.  Right after the collapse of the Berlin Wall I switched jobs and took over as the G2 of the Berlin Brigade.  Gun shops in the (former) West Berlin had limited wares under the occupation regime and in any event were few in number. Similar shops in the former Eastern part of the city sprang up too, but at a much slower pace.  Anyway, after the Wall came down and the occupation being over by the fall of '90, lots of interesting Eastern Bloc weapons and esoteric accessories were available at these shops for a song.  

So one day one of my Lieutenants and fellow gun nut came into my office and told me about these incredible deals on get this.....$40 ex-DDR PMs (Pistole Makarov) at this gun shop in the former French Sector.  Unfreakin' believeable!  Sure enough, next day I loaded up a couple of vehicles with dang near the rest of my staff and we cherry picked the entore lot.  This guy had a couple of hundred of these things in a 55 gallon drum no less!  Well, I got a terrific 1959 and 1961 model.  The '61 model was most unusual in that it has red grips, like the Sov models but it''s the typical East German pattern.  Very odd....never seen another one like it.  Tons of other goodies available then, too.  Ex-NVA (National People's Army) and MdI (Ministry of the Interior - Police) accessories and ammo was dirt cheap.  

Yeah, those were the times.  Came back with an ex-NVA SKS (Karibiner-S), too.  then there's the 5.45mm SSG-69-2 (18" bbl variant -- most odd). What prizes.  The wonderful thing about all these items is that they have a story behind them.  Some of them....incredible stories.   Three tours in Berlin (yeah, I was a very lucky SOB) lets one pack enough memories for a lifetime.      

Wish I was there when the wall came down...Sadly, those days are gone.. Getting "permission" to purchase a handgun as a GI is a major PITA.. The ATF wont allow you to bring half the stuff back anymore.. Its "surplus" and requires a mound of paperwork...
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 1:58:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Yeah, Stottman -- I know all too well.  Its now 34 years in unform.  Scary, eh?  Well, the times have changed and I think for the worse if you're a Gi and a weapons aficianado.  The glory days of the "Rod & Bottle" here in Deutschland are long gone.  I get over here TDY about three or so times a year.  Sadly, Germany has changed too and in retrospect, not necessarily for the better, IMHO.  Oh well, life goes on...
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 2:00:29 PM EDT
[#14]
I had a Russian one I got at a gunshow for $150 here, I left it in a box with the mags and it all got thrown out in the trask
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 2:13:45 PM EDT
[#15]
That sucks!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top