Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2005 4:21:58 PM EDT
Did the Russians produce metal mags for the AK-102/105 series, and does anyone know if a smooth top cover for an AK-47 will fit an SAR-3? thanks in advance
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 4:37:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Russia never made any steel 5.45mm magazines.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 4:42:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Top cover should fit.  I've seen it done on a polish rifle.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:31:21 PM EDT
[#3]
These mags are the ones I am talking about, about 1/3 page down

http://www.rusmilitary.com/html/c-deact_magazines.htm

the ad says AK-101, but they look like weiger mags to me
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:28:24 PM EDT
[#4]
For the most part, any std. top cover will pretty much fit any AK.  Example, I used to put so-called E.German ribbed on Norinco's and Polytechs.  I just completed my RPK build and when I decided to make it look more like a later model, I needed a smooth cover.  I used one that was originally on a Polytech.  For the RPK I did need to open up where the carrier handle slides but that's mainly because of a somewhat beefier carrier.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top