Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2005 3:04:40 PM EDT
I'm about to order an SLR 105 and I was wondering if I should get the scope rail.  Is the rail the best way to mount optics.  Do the systems that convert the front handguard into a mounting platform provide a stable platform?  I'm used to flat top ARs and western (Aimpoint/Eotech/ACOG) style sighting systems so I really appreciate the help.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 3:30:11 PM EDT
[#1]
If that is what you wnat go for it. Me personal I love keeping stuff that is made for the Ak like my Kobra sight. Most guys in here agree with that. K.I.O.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 4:08:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:04:11 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I say get it. If you didn't get it, and later decided you want it, it's alot harder to add it than it is to pay the extra $30 up front.

If you never use, no big deal, it's not like it gets in the way.

+1, It's just one more bit of "EVIL" ...
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:06:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm putting a side mount on my next project, Bulgarian AK74.  Might add on to a rommy too. Have 2 comming from K-VAR.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:23:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Just do it!!  Don't even blink.  I'm having them put on my next three builds: AKS-74U (SBR); Tantal and an AK74A1M1 (5.56mm).  It's just the right thing to do.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:30:58 PM EDT
[#6]
yes
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top