Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2005 10:03:36 PM EDT
I have 2  stamped romanian AK-74's bought a few years back (during the ban) and was wondering if :
1. can folding stocks be put on them now?
2. how hard is it to put a threaded front sight assembly on one (for the flash hider)?
3.is it even worth messing with?
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:20:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Folding stocks can be added. The easiest folding stock to add is the Romanian wire folding stock.
Everyone on here is sayin they're getting more expensive and harder to find.

www.k-var.com/product.asp?0=216&1=235&3=240

The Romanian FSB in the above link is what you need. The Romanian AK-74 brake needed is 22mm threads. Which is smaller than the normal 24mm threads of the Bulgarian or Russian.

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=64&t=72705
Above is a link to a thread where a U.S. made copy of the Romanian brake is going to be made.

I say it's worth it. They're not imported anymore. The only other option for a AK-74 are the Arsenal Inc SLR 105A1 R's.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:36:04 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks for the reply no1here....how difficult is it to replace the FSB?
also...what about the bayo lug? they are on the gas return correct? are they difficult to replace?
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:42:57 PM EDT
[#3]
With the '74's, the bayonet lug was underneath the FSB. The lug on the 74's gas block is for mounting a grenade launcher. So once you replace the FSB, you'll have the bayonet lug.

Changing out the FSB, I haven't done it yet. From what I've read from ppl's experinces here.
It's easy to difficult. They say the main problem is moving the FSB off the barrel.
I guess it has to do with the finish appiled.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 11:08:48 PM EDT
[#4]
the other problem you will run into with putting a foreign muzzle attachement on the rifle.......is you will have to replace another foreign part on the rifle with a US one. the easiest and cheapest solution would be to have the muzzle threaded so you can put a US copy of a 74 break. they do make a 14mm 74 break that can screw onto the barrel itself without replacing the FSB.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 11:43:33 PM EDT
[#5]
so how do i tell what parts are US?
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:36:31 PM EDT
[#6]
if they are SAR 2.......the US parts will be the hammer, disconector, trigger, gas piston, pistol grip.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top