Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/8/2005 5:28:27 PM EDT
Who are you guys getting your Polish Kits from? It looks to me like Centerfire Systems and Akron Armory both have kits in stock. I'm going to have my build done by AK-USA and I'm going to have them refinish it, so I really don't care about a little bit of wear on the parts. Any suggestions? If you persuade me to go with Akron Armory then I'm going to order Wednesday morning (when they open). If I go with the Centerfire Kit then I'm going to order tonight.

One more factor. The Centerfire Systems kits are 5.45 and the Akron Armory kits are 7.62x39. I don't have any 5.45 guns, so the Centerfire kit is attractive in that regard. But since I have 4 other 7.62x39 guns the Akron Armory kit is also very attractive.

HELP!

I'm non-sexually confused!
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:31:27 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Who are you guys getting your Polish Kits from? It looks to me like Centerfire Systems and Akron Armory both have kits in stock. I'm going to have my build done by AK-USA and I'm going to have them refinish it, so I really don't care about a little bit of wear on the parts. Any suggestions? If you persuade me to go with Akron Armory then I'm going to order Wednesday morning (when they open). If I go with the Centerfire Kit then I'm going to order tonight.

One more factor. The Centerfire Systems kits are 5.45 and the Akron Armory kits are 7.62x39. I don't have any 5.45 guns, so the Centerfire kit is attractive in that regard. But since I have 4 other 7.62x39 guns the Akron Armory kit is also very attractive.

HELP!

I'm non-sexually confused!

I'm hopefully going to get a Tantal from Greentimber. I emailed him about it and I'm just awaiting a response.

Tantal, it's whats for dinner!

Ben
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:36:42 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Tantal, it's whats for dinner!

Ben

I'm not 100%, but I don't think that the 7.62x39 kits that Akron Armory has available are Tantal kits. The website seems to differentiate them as "Polish AKMS (PMKMS)". Perhaps that is another consideration???
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:38:56 PM EDT
[#3]
it's good to have a kit anyway especially with these current stupid ass laws

Get em while the gettins good.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:39:35 PM EDT
[#4]
PMKMS= 7.62 Underfolder
Tantal= 5.45 Sidefolder

I just got a kit from Greentimber, He's a stand up guy and isn;t sorting through 600 orders.Got the kit in 3 days.

Akron is the only place I know to get the Collector Grade polish underfolder(PMKMS)

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:41:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I would go with Akron Armorys Polish AKMS. You could always get an Arsenal 74 later.
You have mags and ammo for 7.62 so stay with that caliber.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:50:44 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
PMKMS= 7.62 Underfolder
Tantal= 5.45 Sidefolder

That helps.

After thinking it over for about 5 minutes (much longer than I have thought about most of my gun purchases) I have decided to go with the PMKMS. Like jake said, I have mags and ammo for the 7.62x39 already, and I just like shooting it. Even semi-auto, it has that classic AK sound. Just like in the movies!
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:34:44 PM EDT
[#7]
tag
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top