Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/8/2005 4:00:33 PM EDT
OK these terrible pictures you are about to view are of the first AK I have ever owned.
The Details: I bought this gun from a old vet at a local gunshow.
It has a saiga reciever (as the horrible picture indicates), but on the other side of the reciever is has "Kalashnikov-USA (underneath that it says) Pt. St. Lucie, FL USA"

The gun itself has a better trigger than I would say easily 90 percent of stock ARs out of the box. even better than the G2 trigger in my AK underfolder.

But it is missing a true feed ramp, it only has a small welded round bump to serve that job.

The most interesting part of the gun is the finish, I have never seen any finish that compares to it. It's almost like a powder coating, resistant to anything Oils, solvents, etc I put on it. As you can see in the picture thats why I get such a bright flash back off the gun when a picture was taken of it.

I posted this once and got limited responses, but I figured that this time I should post pics of it so people can actually see it.

If anybody has any knowledge of a company that converted the Saigas back into AK 103 clones, maybe Kalashnikov USA did, I just don't know anything about the gun. It would be nice to know something about it or just who made it, I'm leaning towards a private build without any info though.
But if you guys would have any info it  or could shed some light on it, I would appreciate it.

Thanks jake
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:07:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice.  What were the questions?
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:13:55 PM EDT
[#2]
edited, can't believe I left that part out.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:58:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Nevermind my previous foolishness.

Check out their website.

www.kalashnikov-usa.com/

ETA - OK, their website doesn't say much. It looks like a nice AK though.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:19:17 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Nevermind my previous foolishness.

Check out their website.

www.kalashnikov-usa.com/

ETA - OK, their website doesn't say much. It looks like a nice AK though.

SWEET! Thanks man I didn't even realize that they had a website, I thought they were out of buisness.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:13:51 AM EDT
[#5]
IIRC, please corrct me if i'm wrong.  the Kalshnikov USA that did the conversions is out of business(around '01).   the IIRC that is when chris butler took over and it became AK USA at this link AK USA.  remember this is from 3-4 year old memory.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:44:15 AM EDT
[#6]
It looks similiar to the two converted Saiga's I had AK-USA do for me. Looks like Chris's old finish. Email him the serial number and he'll tell you if it came from his shop.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:35:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Is chris a member here?
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:56:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Good looking 103 clone you got there!
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:25:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top