Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/3/2005 3:51:02 PM EDT
For your viewing pleasure, pics of my GB kits from MGS. Other than taking three weeks to get, I'm pleased with them for the price. Both will be refinished, so that part doesn't matter that much to me...

Underfolder-maybe 85-90% finish, metal condition good, no dings or rust. Demill was fine, no gouges or bad drilling. Non-matching bayo is pristine. For some reason I got a black PG, not to happy about that. Barrel is shiny. Mag is in good shape.

Tantal-if there was any paint, it's long gone. There is a very nice grey park finish that is at least 95%, with most of the wear on the brake. Bolt and carrier are a little dirty, but no excessive carbon build up or pitting. Barrel is damn shiny, and the lands and grooves are still good. Mag is about 90% (steel 74 mags are cool!)

and a group photo...

whoops, how'd that get in there  

Overall I'm quite pleased, as soon as my US parts get here from hotbarrel and sang on gunco.net, they're off the the builder. Enjoy

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 4:33:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice, you will be set up for a couple builds now.  
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:04:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll trade you my new condition painted Tantal for the parked one.  
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:48:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Very nice!  
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:56:52 PM EDT
[#4]
how much were the GB's going for?

I haven't been back since the shitty Romanian with no selector stop deal
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 7:05:12 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
how much were the GB's going for?

I haven't been back since the shitty Romanian with no selector stop deal

+1..  and I miss ShortRnd too
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 7:40:46 PM EDT
[#6]
The pmkms kits were $180, + $10 shipping no matter how many kits are shipped.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:19:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Nice kits and ya gotta watch those sneaky Krinks, we all know what camera hogs they are ...
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:33:44 PM EDT
[#8]
HKinFL..  were you looking for one of the Marblized orange colored bakelite pistol grips?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:40:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Longboat,
Yeah, probably looking for that or the brown marble kind. Something to match the handguards on my kit.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:53:05 AM EDT
[#10]
PM sent..
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:03:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Longboat, didn't get any message, I'll IM you.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top