Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2005 5:47:12 AM EDT
Any good? I am new to the AK world and think I would like to get one from this company. Any feed back on them would be great! As I said I am new to the AK and am not sure what to get. I am not so sure of what is what. I was looking at the SSR-85 C2 its kinda within the price range but not sure of its real quality. Any other rsuggestions would be great! Would like so spend no more than 650$.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:16:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice guy, good company.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:17:28 AM EDT
[#2]
I've only heard good thing's about Atlantic myself..
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:19:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Good info on the company thanks guys! How about the model I picked? Is there better? how does the one I picked rank?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:18:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Some people may be put off by the 1.6 receiver used but the same can be said for the OOW not being completely heat treated..Both work I now for a fact and work well..It will most likely be a great rifle it is a AK .. A one year warranty to boot, I would probably go with their  Ohio Rapid Fire built German 47 but thats just me..I dont think you'll go wrong with any of Blain's ( Atlantic Firearms) stuff really..
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:41:03 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Some people may be put off by the 1.6 receiver used but the same can be said for the OOW not being completely heat treated..Both work I now for a fact and work well..It will most likely be a great rifle it is a AK .. A one year warranty to boot, I would probably go with their  Ohio Rapid Fire built German 47 but thats just me..I dont think you'll go wrong with any of Blain's ( Atlantic Firearms) stuff really..

Whats the down side of the thicker reciever?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:20:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:24:39 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
It's non traditional and there are a lot of AK guys (including myself) who are sticklers for authenticity.

No biggie as far as function goes.

now if we could find some chicom kits it would be close enough for me.  did the Albanians use 1.5mm receivers on their AKM as well?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:25:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Absolutly none...I've found them harder to build on personally, but you dont have to worry about that since it's already built..
They function just as well..
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 12:51:29 PM EDT
[#9]
I recommend Blaine  and the rifle because I purchased this same rifle from him about 2 months ago.  The only problems that I have was a loose fitting front stock that I have since fixed.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:59:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Not to hijack from Atlantic, but if your looking for a really good AK (74) under $650
Then see this thread in the EE
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:44:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Just shot them an email about it and the vector clasic. What are your feeling on the Vector Classic? I think I like the reds rather than the blonds...... but they both look nice! Sucks that I can only get one for now.....
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:03:40 AM EDT
[#12]
+1 on the Vector nice guns....
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:11:53 AM EDT
[#13]

I was looking at the SSR-85 C2 its kinda within the price range but not sure of its real quality.

My friend recently purchased one from Atlantic. He was pleased with the cost and service. Since, I have had a chance to go to the range with him and shoot it. First impression is that it is very solidly built and a little heavier than a Sar. Trigger is crisp and breaks btw 5-6 lbs maybe. The heavier receiver, I believe, makes it a little more accurate than other AKs I have shot. The finish also is nice. You would not be disappointed in this gun.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top