Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/16/2005 4:57:46 PM EDT
I want to get a second AK. I have a 2003 Romanian SAR-1, but I want a post AWB AK with black synthetic furniture. I'm thinking about getting either the Polish or Romanian from JoeKen:

JoeKen Link

The Romanian is 2nd from the top, and the Polish is 3rd from the bottom. Anyone have any experience with these rifles or recommendations? Thanks.

Eric
Link Posted: 7/16/2005 5:04:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Someone will be along to give you the bad news ...
Link Posted: 7/16/2005 5:06:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Run, Forrest, Run!!!

Link Posted: 7/16/2005 5:10:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Get an Arsenal SA-m7.  They are built on Bulgarian Milled receivers.  I own two.  They are very nice.

The really nice thing about them asside from the workmanship and quality is.  The rifles actually exist in the real world.
Link Posted: 7/16/2005 5:16:45 PM EDT
[#4]
It's a damn shame they "offer" alot of "nice" looking stuff.  I wonder if they accually have any of it in stock?
Link Posted: 7/16/2005 5:17:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/16/2005 5:29:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Someone will be along to give you the bad news ...

...not me.....
whos next?

NEXT.
Link Posted: 7/16/2005 5:37:04 PM EDT
[#7]
And the bad news is?

they are garbage?

My Romanian SAR-1 is very cheap, but it's a nice shooter. I think I paid $289 for it a couple years ago. It's a beater, and I would like to get a nicer rifle for my second AK.

Eric
Link Posted: 7/16/2005 5:38:22 PM EDT
[#8]
BTW, the Forest picture is great.
Link Posted: 7/16/2005 5:44:55 PM EDT
[#9]
I'll be the one to give you the bad news... DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM JOEKEN!!! That being said, you should consider buying a kit (either Romanian or Polish), a Global 1mm receiver and have a reputable smith build you one.  Don't wait too long before buying a kit though, they are going fast.
Link Posted: 7/17/2005 5:00:21 PM EDT
[#10]
I think I'm going to get one of the Vector Arms rifles with a black stock set. They go for under $500, and I've read a lot of good opinions on them.

Vector Arms

Thanks for the advice.

Eric
Link Posted: 7/17/2005 5:20:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Just go ahead and send me $500.  I'll take it and give you nothing in return.

It would be the same as ordering a gun from Joeken.
Link Posted: 7/17/2005 6:55:12 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I think I'm going to get one of the Vector Arms rifles with a black stock set. They go for under $500, and I've read a lot of good opinions on them.

Vector Arms

Thanks for the advice.

Eric

Be ready to wait a year for any vector AK!
Link Posted: 7/17/2005 6:58:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Oooooooohhhhhhh, I want the "tactical enforcer rifle"!!!!

Link Posted: 7/17/2005 6:59:58 PM EDT
[#14]
here is their corporate office if that tell you anything.....

Link Posted: 7/17/2005 7:02:12 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Vector Arms

Thanks for the advice.

Eric

Get a VEPR. www.robarms.com No better stamped AK on the market.

Ben
Link Posted: 7/17/2005 7:05:39 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Run, Forrest, Run!!!
img.photobucket.com/albums/v316/Tanker06/Forrest.jpg

Need more be said ??

Link Posted: 7/17/2005 7:12:31 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Run, Forrest, Run!!!
img.photobucket.com/albums/v316/Tanker06/Forrest.jpg

I have to admit that I used to think that these guy's were just giving JoeKen a hard time. After having had first hand experience with them all I can say is:

RUN FAR, RUN FAST AND NEVER LOOK BACK ...
Link Posted: 7/17/2005 8:37:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Some of you guys need to be a little more clear on your advice.

Do not buy from Joeken

"Buy" is defined as giving money and getting something in return, hopefully what you thought you were buying.

For most people, they aren't "buying" anything from Joeken because they are only completing half of the transaction, i.e. giving them the money, but not getting anything in return.

Ookster - If it hasn't become abundantly clear, do not attempt to do business with them.  They used to sell Hesse/Vulcan products until they bought the receiver tooling from Vulcan and turned them into Ewbanks receivers.  Your second warning is Hesse = Vulcan = Crap.  Friends don't let friends buy Hesse/Vulcan.
Link Posted: 7/17/2005 9:46:44 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Just go ahead and send me $500.  I'll take it and give you nothing in return.

It would be the same as ordering a gun from Joeken.

MUHAHAHAHA!!!
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 4:57:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Don't worry, after all the responses to this thread and the other complaints I've read here and on gunsnet, I've been thoroughly scared away from JoeKen.

I actually have a local cop friend who has his FFL and sells guns part time. He deals directly with Vector Arms and is going to get me a price quote.

He's usually pretty good too. He got me a DSA STG58 FAL for $875 total out the door, and they retail for close to $1000 from DSA before tax, shipping, and FFL transfer.

Eric
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:48:22 AM EDT
[#21]
You guys are OH SO TOUGH but for our unknowing member that doesn't know the history...

Many people here have had problems with this outfit...  not a place that I would send my money...

So the advise above stands...  RUN...    
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:18:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Go ask about joeken at the "OTHER" board and se what they have to say.. hehehe
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top