Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2005 10:59:40 AM EDT
Im a left handed shooter and Im trying to make an AK 3 point tactical sling work on my SAR-1.  The trouble I have though is that the front sling loop (which is also the latch for the lower handguard attachment) is on the left side of the weapon, so I really have no practical front sling attachment point.  Does anyone know of a way to jurry rig the sling so that it will work with the existing attachment point, or even better, if there is anyone that manufactures a replacement part for the SAR-1 that would place the front sling loop on the right side of the weapon please let me know.

-Thanks
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 11:24:04 AM EDT
[#1]
There is no replacement.  But, if you look around, I'm sure there is someone out there who can weld a loop on for you.  Many, many years ago, I had a sling swivel stud welded to the side of a Mini-14 gas block because that's where I wanted my sling.

Welders can do anything.  Just ask one
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 9:15:38 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks alot man, ill look into it, i knew this forum membership would help sometime
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top