Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/10/2005 11:43:18 PM EDT
I quit trying to get the bipod on my NHM-91 to work. Does any one know how to get this off with out cutting it off. I would like to be able to put it back on if I ever have to sell it.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 11:48:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Isnt there a little spring loaded pin that you can press to release the clamp?
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 11:52:52 PM EDT
[#2]
no clamp(I think), I think its pinned on but I am not sure how.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 1:08:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Its been a while since Ive toyed with one but there should be a metal hinge that folds down from the top that then has a spring loaded pin that locks it down. Once the pin is pressed the top part which is also spring loaded should pop up
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 1:31:16 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't think there is a spring anywhere. The top and bottom are pinned together at both sides.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 1:43:32 AM EDT
[#5]
FYI... assume I am retarded and need to be talked to like a 5 year old..... I have no idea what I'm doing.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:52:25 AM EDT
[#6]
I have one of those bipods on an early RPK buildup done on a MAADI RPM......they are pinned and one or the other, or both, can be knocked out..... look them over and see if one is semi-permanent (flared both ends)...the other will come out with a pin punch and hammer....it's been over 10 years since I did the thing.....
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:35:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Thats the thing, both are flared a little. I guess I am just going to have to pick one and kill it. I hope not. Anyone know of another way to get this thing off
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 2:04:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Just drive one of the pins out, it's the only way it's coming off without cutting something.
When you put it back in you might not have any problem with it coming out when firing, I sure didn't.

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:03:32 PM EDT
[#9]
It's not the pins that don't stay in. Its the legs, they just don't stay where I put them.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:08:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Damn edwin, after looking at your AK I think need to get mine reblued.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 2:55:17 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
It's not the pins that don't stay in. Its the legs, they just don't stay where I put them.

Mine had that problem also, so I dissasembled the legs and crap, all kinds of crap and rust in there.
I cleaned it all up with CLP, and they work much better now.
Actually, this is my 3rd Norinco 91, the first 2 looked much better, but wouldn't shoot worth a dang.
The first one was hard to hit paper at 25 yards, the second was great till it got heated up and then barrel droop make it impossible to hit a target at 100 yards with the bipod unless you compensated 8-10 inches. This one, the third consistently hits about 2-2.5 MOA at 100 yards no matter how hot it gets. It has grind marks on the side of the receiver, and is hand lettered(!!?!) except for the serial number ( I bought it new).

But it's a dang good shooter.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 2:31:06 PM EDT
[#12]
I have not shot mine out past 50 yards. It groops less than 1 MOA at 25 with silver bear. I just need to practice with it and see how good it can really shoot.
I'll try to get some pics posted when I get the bipod off.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top