Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2005 7:40:50 AM EDT
Y'all:
I just picked up a  Maadi MISR that was someone's beater gun, and after an exacting cleaing, I noticed that the INTERNAL safety-bar that dips down to block the sear is broken right where it meets the opposite receiver wall (the left side, or non-ejection side).

When you flip the external  safety/selector up and down it still engages and functions the internal safety-bar, so there is no immediate safety hazard, but I wondered how I remove the exernal stamped selector from the  safety-bar inside the receiver housing.
AA-OK has new East German slectors with internal safty-bars for $18, but I just need to understand how to install one before I go out and buy the new part.

Thanks for any and all help with this!

Ouch
Charleston, WV
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:51:27 AM EDT
[#1]
You may or may not be able to remove the selector without removing the trigger group, depending on what gun you have. I know I've done it on one of my AK's, but I cant remember which one.  If you have the gun apart  with the spring and bolt carrier out, try rotating the safety up and see if it will clear the trigger group. You may have to help it past some things, but it may go. Dont force it though. If it does go up, at one point it will slide out of the receiver. If you cant get it out because its hitting something, your going to need to remove the trigger group and then do it. Its not hard to take everything out, just pay attention as you do it the first time and you should be OK.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 9:16:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top