Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2005 8:32:54 PM EDT
I'm sure this has been beaten to death over here....I'm an infrequent visitor to the AK side...so sorry.

Looking at them, they seem pretty nice. How do they stack up with, say, Arsenal's?

Can you guys educate me on Vector AK's? I'm an AK noob.....not for long though, Campy is now echoing in my head.

(Photo courtesy of Mr. Aug)
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 3:01:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 4:52:22 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
. the question you need to ask yourself is whether you want an ak47/al74 (arsenal) or akm/akms (vector).

I'll take one of each please!
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 7:25:43 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
. the question you need to ask yourself is whether you want an ak47/al74 (arsenal) or akm/akms (vector).

I wouldn't ask myself that question, because I don't really know the difference. Should I?
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:12:05 AM EDT
[#4]
ignore me I know nothing
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:28:50 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a Vector UZI and 2 Romanian AKM's. I'm not sure if Vector uses the same finish on all it's guns but my UZI has a light parkerized finish compared to my Romanians that have a scratched blued finish.

I would buy another Vector product in a heart beat.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 10:47:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Does Arsenal offer an AK with synthetic furniture and an underfolder?

If so, anyone know who's selling them?
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 10:50:17 AM EDT
[#7]
It looks like the Vectors go $450-500, depending on the stock. What would I expect to pay for a Arsenal Inc. gun? I'm looking for a standard fixed synthetic stock model. I saw on their website that they are going to stamped receivers, I hope they continue to offer a milled version as well. Thanks, Andy
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 11:33:00 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
It looks like the Vectors go $450-500, depending on the stock. What would I expect to pay for a Arsenal Inc. gun? I'm looking for a standard fixed synthetic stock model. I saw on their website that they are going to stamped receivers, I hope they continue to offer a milled version as well. Thanks, Andy

Impact Guns has'em for $799.

Wish Arsenal offered a milled underfolder AK.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 12:03:16 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You mean like this?

They're sold out right now and I'm not sure if they're going to make any more.

A standard Arsenal fixed stock gun should go for about $600-700.

I paid $700 for my Arsenal fixed stock AK with scope rail.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 1:04:24 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You mean like this?

tinypic.com/w5tmo

They're sold out right now and I'm not sure if they're going to make any more.

A standard Arsenal fixed stock gun should go for about $600-700.

I paid $700 for my Arsenal fixed stock AK with scope rail.

Who sells the Arsenal pictured? I was going to buy a Vector from S.A., but his latest update in the EE indicates the Vector underfolder supply just dried up....maybe for good.

Anyone know where I can get an Arsenal underfolder w/ synthetic furniture?
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 1:55:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 2:27:14 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
more vectors are in the pipeline. they will build them for as long as the parts set supply holds up.

for some reason, unknown to me, arsenal only builds very limited production runs on some of its' products. the ak47 is, as stated, sold out. iirc, they sold for well over $1000.

you might ask arsenal to tell you which dealers they shipped them to (fac had them liisted, once upon a time, in their catalog) or know of any laying around in stock somewhere.

Guess being out of the AK loop hasn't helped me any. Just didn't think the better quality AK's were in short supply. Sort of got the impression that companies like Vector & Arsenal were just getting started after the sunset of the AWB. Sounds more like they're either small producers, or subject to a very finite amount of parts to work with....which is too bad.

Why would Arsenal slow/stop producing their bread & butter rifle I wonder? Seems like they have a good corner on a market that suffers from quality, volume & availablity of higher end AK's? Sure, there are a lot of AK's to be had....but frankly, I'm interested in the best quality I can find, not some stamped out POS that is shaped like an AK.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 3:04:16 PM EDT
[#13]
The entire production run (102 guns) of the Arsenal underfolders like mine went to Lew Horton's.

They sold out in about a week.

There was another version without the bayo lug and flash suppressor, I'm not sure who got those ones, maybe FAC.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 9:51:09 AM EDT
[#14]
I bought to of the Vector rifles and am very pleased. Best deal I've gotten on a rifle in some time AFAIC. Planned on an Arsenalinc rifle but got tired of the wait, the ridiculous prices Horton was listing them for, and the abortion styles. So I got 2 Vector underfolders for less than then one of the arsenalinc rifles. I'll still keep my eye out for an AK-47 if they actually produce one I want...

At this point I am content to just wait and watch.

Besides I have picked up several new ARs and have a DSA Para Congo coming in anyday now. The death of the ban is the best thing that has happened to black rifle owners in along, long time.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 9:56:45 AM EDT
[#15]
I bought mine from Blaine @ Atlantic Firearms..............and I absolutly Love it

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top