Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/12/2004 9:24:38 PM EDT
Are they the same as the Arsenal brand?

Are they good quality?
Link Posted: 11/12/2004 9:53:49 PM EDT
[#1]
No they are not the same as Arsenal Inc of Nevada. Not sure about quality, I've seen some nit pick threads on them about some sloppy workmanship.
Link Posted: 11/12/2004 9:57:49 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
No they are not the same as Arsenal Inc of Nevada. Not sure about quality, I've seen some nit pick threads on them about some sloppy workmanship.

I have one of the Arsenal Inc Of Nevads with a milled reciever and it is a alright rifle, I havent shot it much but it seems very solid
Link Posted: 11/12/2004 10:48:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Global Trades was Arsenal USA, which is now Armory USA.

From what I have read, these guys had a deal with Arsenal of Bulgaria in the mid to late 90's.  From the many threads I have read over the years, the Global Trades guys put out a very nice product.  As you will see in the thead linked below, the supply agreement went south with Arsenal.  Now, Arsenal of Bulgaria is making their rifles here.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=76&t=58135

I have yet to hear about the new Arsenal product made here in the states.

Link Posted: 11/13/2004 2:02:01 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have one of the Arsenal Inc Of Nevads with a milled reciever and it is a alright rifle, I havent shot it much but it seems very solid

Sorry, I was refering to some nit pick  threads of Global Trades, not Arsenal Inc.
Arsenal inc.'s rifles seem to be some of the most highly reguarded of AK's in the US.
Link Posted: 11/13/2004 5:07:39 AM EDT
[#5]
All the Global AKs I've seen were flawless, whether it came from Bulgaria or it was made in Houston.  The only major complaint I've seen that folks don't like the shape of the magwell dimple on the rifles made in Houston.  Last time I saw Jimmy at a gunshow here in DFW a few weeks ago, he was selling the AKs he had brought with him very quickly, and @ $499 for a no ban bulgie import I can see why.
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 8:26:01 PM EDT
[#6]
No and no.  I have had numerous issues with a rifle built just last month.  After posting the issues, others came forward with similar complaints:

GlobalTrades
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 11:12:09 PM EDT
[#7]
I have one of each and they both work great
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 1:14:45 AM EDT
[#8]
well I'm not the only one by a long shot, my rifle is ok now, thy cracked my stock when I had sent it back to them, I don't want to mess with them anymore, I ordered a OD stock set from k-var, should be here next week, I'll post a pic of the new 1.6mm receiver with the OD set
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 11:55:56 AM EDT
[#9]
While I have never bought a complete rifle from them, they have barreled a couple of the 1.6 receivers for me. No problems.

If you want to deal with them, talk to Jimmy, not Ron.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 11:59:59 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

If you want to deal with them, talk to Jimmy, not Ron.  

No doubt, Ron is not a customer friendly person
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 5:14:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Yeah, Ron is one of those folks who can make you tired just listening to him babble.

Jimmy "Two Weeks" Streetman is much easier to deal with.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 5:35:40 PM EDT
[#12]
The sum total of Global doesn't = a skillet full of shit.  Stay away.  You would have less problems with a Yugo.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 10:11:12 PM EDT
[#13]
I live in Houston, and stoped by there shop one day and said I was interested. They brought

inside let me look at one. He talked about the rifle, and answered my questions. I found this pretty

nice since I was only 18 at the time, they didn't treat me like a kid. I bought one and have not had

one complaint about my rifle.

Jason
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top