Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2004 10:18:17 AM EDT
 Will there ever be a good supply of Krinkov kits?

$400 is very pricey for any kit.  I would like to get a kit in 7.62.  Just wondered if there was any particular reason why there aren't any of these around.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 10:42:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Im my dreams there are 150 dollar 7.62 kits
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 3:38:17 PM EDT
[#2]
The krink kits use to be as high as $800 and a good deal use to be $600 for awhile then Progressive Arms came out with super cheap Krink kits in the neightbohood of $199 while K-var had dropped prices to $250.   So krink kits have been much cheaper but without another importer to sell krink kits, I do not forsee the prices going down anytime soon.

I would love a krink but I have to wait till I get some of my own projects done before going that deep into a project.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 10:38:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Progressive Arms? Never heard of them. Google yielded no results that didnt have something to do with progressive diseases of the arms (WTF?), Progressive Insurance, or crap like that.

Link?
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 3:27:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 7:24:54 AM EDT
[#5]
I think $250 would be a reasonable price for a Krink Kit.  $400 is just too much for me to justify.  I have wanted one for a long time just have to keep getting cheap AMD-65 and Polish Underfolding kits.  A Krink would be awesome though.  

Why aren't these imported?  Were these never produced in great numbers?
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 7:58:25 AM EDT
[#6]
I dont think they will get much cheaper.

Remember  the AMD65/63, Bulgarian AK74 and Polish AKMS kits come from used (though nice) SURPLUS guns that are sold off by whatever Gov't for cheap. I assume the cheap Bulgarian AKSU kits were the same way; Guns that were just collecting dust in some Gov't warehouse.

There is going to be a big difference in price compared to buying new stuff from the factory.

The quanity imported also has something to do with the price. If an importer buys 2000 rifles to break down into kits, they are going to be allot cheaper then them buying 100 of some special model. The importer knows that full stocked AK74s are going to sell allot better then a kit for a milled AKSU in 7.62x39 and imports accordingly.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top