Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2004 7:38:19 PM EDT
webpages.charter.net/sicksider/100_0600.MOV

hope the ink works and yes I'm a retard and forgot to chamber the first round but it was still damn fun!
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:44:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Click here for the lazy

Nice!  If only I could find a place where I could do that, I'd be all over it.  Damn that looks like fun.

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:21:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Man that looks fun! Anyone try bump firing with a 75 rounder?
With an AK I noticed that I go through ammo much faster than I did with  an old mauser
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:13:17 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Anyone try bump firing with a 75 rounder?

Saw this video posted a while back

75 round drum bump
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:10:40 AM EDT
[#4]
If you really want to bumpfire an AK easily, remove the pistol grip.  It makes it so easy to bump.  The 75 rd drums are fun to run.

Echap
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 9:37:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Excuse my ignorance, but what is a bump fire?
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 9:49:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Real nice! That's a pretty damn good bump technique! You sure you don't have extra parts in there?
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 10:59:11 AM EDT
[#7]
I've done it with my 75rd drum before, it's expensive but fun as hell. I had my Maadi smoking once from doing it. I got the cops called on me once because apparently someone claimed I had a full auto, I thought I was out in the middle of nowhere, but I guess not. The cops checked all of mine and my friend guns to make sure they weren't full auto then one of them said "Well then someone has an mighty fast trigger finger" then they left. I guess they've never heard of bump firing. It was on April fools day no less.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:09:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Can some please explain what a bump fire is?
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:18:16 AM EDT
[#9]
It's kind of hard to describe. You hold the AK at hip level and stick your finger(on the hand that would normally be on the hand gaurd) on the trigger, but not holding on to the pistol grip(kind of like if you are pointing at something next to you) and start firing. The recoil of the gun helps you shoot "really" fast, like full auto. It may take a little practice to get your own technique, but it's easy.

In other words, you'll be using the hand that normally holds onto the hand guard to pull the trigger and your normal trigger hand will just be holding the gun.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:23:15 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
It's kind of hard to describe. You hold the AK at hip level and stick your finger(on the hand that would normally be on the hand gaurd) on the trigger, but not holding on to the pistol grip(kind of like if you are pointing at something next to you) and start firing. The recoil of the gun helps you shoot "really" fast, like full auto. It may take a little practice to get your own technique, but it's easy.

Thank you for the explaination.  I understand now.  I sure it takes lots of practice.  I had better get started.  
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:25:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Yes, this is a technique that never gets enough practice. I make it a point to do it at least once everytime I go out and shoot.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top