Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2004 1:40:45 PM EDT
For those of you who have Romanian underfolders, could you look at this pic and let me know if is complete (minus the rear trunion).

I can find tons of references and pics for the Polish underfolders, but not the Romy's.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Link Posted: 10/14/2004 1:47:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, you have all the parts.  

Where did you get it?
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 2:02:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 2:53:34 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Yes, you have all the parts.  

Where did you get it?

That pic is of someone else's parts.  

Mine is missing one of the parts in the pic.    I'm waiting to here from the seller on it.

Link Posted: 10/14/2004 4:37:41 PM EDT
[#4]
What part are you missing?
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 4:39:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Global trades underfolder

Link Posted: 10/14/2004 5:53:14 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm missing the circled piece.

What is the piece I have a line pointing to??  If that is another part, I don't have that either.

Link Posted: 10/14/2004 5:58:58 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I'm missing the circled piece.

What is the piece I have a line pointing to??  If that is another part, I don't have that either.

It's the same thing you hace circled, they left it in.  You only need one.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:13:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Sweet.  Called the seller and he said he's dropping the part in the mail for me tomorrow.

TheRealSundance, have you built a Romanian underfolder??

All everyone talks about are Polish underfolders, I have yet to see a built Romanian underfolder from a kit.  Someone has to have built one as all the kits dried up.

Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:54:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Here is one pictured on my Polish build. I ended up selling it. One thing you notice is that it sits at an angle compared to the Pole that is in line with the bore. The Pole is notched to easily clear the front and rear of the selector when folded. The Romanian's notch fits the rear of the selector almost like a puzzle piece, so pay close attention to this otherwise it will not fold correctly.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:57:20 PM EDT
[#10]
That's my pic. Did you get it from the exchange or the auction on gb? No one wanted to trade anything I needed.

Glad it was able to help you ID your missing parts.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:30:45 AM EDT
[#11]
I just noticed something.

The underfolder (I actually have) looks just like the one in the pic TheRealSundance posted.  
According to Global's website, that is milled Bulgarian underfolder.

The pic I posted (which is a pic of akginmaster's underfolder) is supposed to be Romanian and
JoeBud's looks like that one also.  

Both underfolders look essentially the same, but the arms look different.  

The one I have, arms look milled out.  The one in AKginmaster & Joebud's pics look to be made from tube stock.  Is that correct?

Did the Romanian's use a couple different styles of underfolders stocks??

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:35:32 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Here is one pictured on my Polish build. I ended up selling it. One thing you notice is that it sits at an angle compared to the Pole that is in line with the bore. The Pole is notched to easily clear the front and rear of the selector when folded. The Romanian's notch fits the rear of the selector almost like a puzzle piece, so pay close attention to this otherwise it will not fold correctly.

JoeBud,

Is that Romanian underfolder built on a Romanian rear trunion??  My Romy trunion shows only (two) rivets.  Looking at your pic I see a rivet pattern that looks more like the Polish trunion.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 9:43:54 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Sweet.  Called the seller and he said he's dropping the part in the mail for me tomorrow.

All everyone talks about are Polish underfolders, I have yet to see a built Romanian underfolder from a kit.  Someone has to have built one as all the kits dried up.

Not built one, but have taken it apart.   I have the milled out one.  Never seen the on like you posted in the first picture.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 10:16:42 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not built one, but have taken it apart.   I have the milled out one.  Never seen the on like you posted in the first picture.

That is interesting.  Mine is the "milled" one also and came with a Romanian kit.  The ones that JoeBud and akginmaster posted pics of... I wonder if they are a later version??
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 10:21:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Putting the parts of a Romanian underfolder next to a Polish underfolder is interesting.

The Romanian version is a simpler design and seems to be based (from what little information I have found) on the underfolders that were used with milled receivers.

The Romanian folder has less parts and what looks to be a milled trunion. It only locks up on one side of the trunion.

The Polish underfolder has more parts, a stamped trunion and locks up on both sides of the trunion.

I find this very interesting!
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 1:03:37 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Putting the parts of a Romanian underfolder next to a Polish underfolder is interesting.

The Romanian version is a simpler design and seems to be based (from what little information I have found) on the underfolders that were used with milled receivers.

The Romanian folder has less parts and what looks to be a milled trunion. It only locks up on one side of the trunion.

The Polish underfolder has more parts, a stamped trunion and locks up on both sides of the trunion.

I find this very interesting!

And they lock at different angles like the 47 and 74 wood stocks do.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 3:06:06 PM EDT
[#17]
I already had that Polish rifle built. When I bought the Romanian folder I simple attached it to the Pole using the existing Pole trunion. I just wanted to see how it would look and feel. The Pole locks up a little tighter given the second set of locking lugs. The tube stock of the Romanian is more comfortable on the cheek, I just didn't like the angle of the stock. It brought my cheek weld a little lower than the Pole.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:13:53 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I've built both.  If I had my choice of kits to build I'd go with the romanian.  Both holes in the rear of the receiver for the rivets must be filled in because the romanian trunion doesn't match.  As for quality for the metal parts, I'd give the romanian the edge due to the beefy rear trunion, but thats just me.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 8:19:05 PM EDT
[#19]
APbullet,

Did your Romanian underfolder have the tube style or milled style arms??
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top