Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2004 8:17:30 AM EDT
wanna say hi since i am usually in the ar15 forum

i wanted to know how hard is replacing the trigger group on my sar1 is going to be.

will replacing the trigger reduce or eliminate the trigger slap?

i have read that the red star arms trigger is by far the best but i cant to spend that kind of money right now so i will have to settle for less and i dont like the idea of having an adjustable trigger on it.

also if i buy a us made gas piston will it come with what i will need to install it? i read somewhere that you had to drill out a pin and then install one/

any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 8:29:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Installing a good trigger group should eliminate trigger slap. If you can't afford the RSA trigger I would get a G2 group from TAPCO. I like mine. And zero trigger slap. And they are VERY easy to install. It doesn't take more than 10 minutes.

The gas piston is a PITA. First you have to locate where it was pinned. Then drill it out. Then screw in the new piston. Then you need a drill press to drill a hole through the new gas piston. And then you have to drive in a new pin and do some other stuff.

I had my uncle do it at his machine shop...so I am not sure what exactly he did.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 8:34:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 9:59:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 10:21:14 AM EDT
[#4]
And a plug for Red Star Arms' replacement for the shepherd's crook: www.redstararms.com/497.htm

If you are easily frustrated by little wire retainers (like I am) then this is a few bucks well spent
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:59:59 AM EDT
[#5]
As others have mentioned your SAR1 already has a US made piston in it.

On top of that, the ass clowns at century WELD the piston in, so it's not as simple as punching out a pin.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 12:09:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I wouldn't replace the gas piston unless you really need one for U.S. count purposes. Only reason I changed mine is because I wanted a pistol grip and my MAK90 came with all chinese parts. So I had to change some stuff. Now I am legal for a CAR stock. Sweet. I wish it would hurry up and get here.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top