Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2004 5:32:49 AM EDT
I am looking for a good company to completely tear apart my AK re-blue it and hopefully bring it back its origional glory.  

Any suggestions on who could do this for me?

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 10:04:36 AM EDT
[#1]
You can do it. The tear-down is easy, and you can 'spray n bake' it with Brownells Gun Kote. Most of them have a factory baked-on paint finish anyway.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 11:27:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Inrange
Investment Grade Firearms
Independence Arms
Firingline
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 11:58:46 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Independence Arms

NO, don't go there, he's outta business...........took some people's money and fell off the face of the earth.............(he did me right tho)
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 12:27:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Chris at AK USA is doing a two step powder coat over park refinish that he says is identical to the factory finish of Bulgarian and Russian AK's.  It's a $225 cost so for most AK guys it's probably not worth it but I bet it's a top notch durable finish.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 5:15:48 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
You can do it. The tear-down is easy, and you can 'spray n bake' it with Brownells Gun Kote. Most of them have a factory baked-on paint finish anyway.

Has anyone else tried this method?  How do you prep the metal?  And how durable is this finish?

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top