Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2004 7:09:21 PM EDT
I cut the weld and was finally able to get the muzzle nut off my Romak-1 tonight.

Only to find out the barrel is turned way down and the muzzle nut was pressed on!

So I'm thinking maybe a new barrel assembly.  The pic at Century Arms shows the barrel assembly is complete with a muzzle nut and it's supposed to be new.

K-Var has bare barrels.

Any one?
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:14:16 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I cut the weld and was finally able to get the muzzle nut off my Romak-1 tonight.

Only to find out the barrel is turned way down and the muzzle nut was pressed on!

So I'm thinking maybe a new barrel assembly.  The pic at Century Arms shows one the barrel assembly is complete with a muzzle nut and it's supposed to be new.

Any one?

Well, AK barrels are also pressed on, so that's a little bit of a PITA to change...
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:17:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Since the barrel end is turned way down, I can't thread it.    That is why I am thinking another barrel.

I have a smith lined up for the barrel swap.  I'm not going to do that, I don't have the tools.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:19:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Is it turned so far that 1/2x28 won't work? There are adaptors 1/2x28-->14x1
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:52:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd rather not go the adapter route.  Call me picky.

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:14:04 AM EDT
[#5]
If threading is the objective, don't get the ones from century...They are WASR-10 assemblies, and have a pressed on muzzle nut covering a turned down barrel.

-David.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:21:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:44:06 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'd rather not go the adapter route.  Call me picky.

So you don't want to sleeve it and get a front sight base with a threaded end?

No.   I want this one to look like a plain old AIM.   I want the option of the slant brake or muzzle nut.

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top