Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2004 7:09:21 PM EDT
I cut the weld and was finally able to get the muzzle nut off my Romak-1 tonight.

Only to find out the barrel is turned way down and the muzzle nut was pressed on!

So I'm thinking maybe a new barrel assembly.  The pic at Century Arms shows the barrel assembly is complete with a muzzle nut and it's supposed to be new.

K-Var has bare barrels.

Any one?
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:14:16 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I cut the weld and was finally able to get the muzzle nut off my Romak-1 tonight.

Only to find out the barrel is turned way down and the muzzle nut was pressed on!

So I'm thinking maybe a new barrel assembly.  The pic at Century Arms shows one the barrel assembly is complete with a muzzle nut and it's supposed to be new.

Any one?

Well, AK barrels are also pressed on, so that's a little bit of a PITA to change...
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:17:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Since the barrel end is turned way down, I can't thread it.    That is why I am thinking another barrel.

I have a smith lined up for the barrel swap.  I'm not going to do that, I don't have the tools.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:19:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Is it turned so far that 1/2x28 won't work? There are adaptors 1/2x28-->14x1
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:52:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd rather not go the adapter route.  Call me picky.

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:14:04 AM EDT
[#5]
If threading is the objective, don't get the ones from century...They are WASR-10 assemblies, and have a pressed on muzzle nut covering a turned down barrel.

-David.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:21:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:44:06 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'd rather not go the adapter route.  Call me picky.

So you don't want to sleeve it and get a front sight base with a threaded end?

No.   I want this one to look like a plain old AIM.   I want the option of the slant brake or muzzle nut.

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Top Top