Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2004 8:36:13 AM EDT
Hey guys..............I need an opinion. I have looked at the SEAK II and it's a really nice rifle, but I was wondering what the general consensus was toward folding stocks............Pro and con? Any opinions? Which should I get and why?
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:57:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Most are uncomfortable and inpractical save for QCB use.  They do look cool though and the solid poly and skeleton stocks are alot more comfortable than the underfolders and wire stocks.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 9:46:24 AM EDT
[#2]
thanks for the reply...........I am pondering a SEAK II or a regular stocked rifle.....decisions decisons
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 10:06:42 AM EDT
[#3]
I used to be "full stock" all the way until I actually tried a Romy folder on my SEAK. Was very pleasantly surprised at the amount of good cheekweld when using irons and the near-perfect cheekweld & eye position when using the PK-AS sight. Doesn't look as "kewl" as some of the other folders but function is far more important to me than aesthetics.
Tomac
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 11:42:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 11:49:18 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
You have lost your mind, why would you want to put something that is inexpensive and funtional on your AK?

Because it's not an overpriced AR???

I have been very pleased with the Romanian side folers for a good while, I bought some from FAC that were welded open, just to try them out, ans was very happy with them, I fire left handed and I actually get a slightly better sight picute with a Romy side folder than the wood. It took me a long time to warm up to thier looks, but now kind of like the way theu look. I certainly like the way they work now that they can fold. As a matter of fact I have a couple of extras now that the ban is gone, and it is so easy to make the elded units funtion. I will be holding on to these for use on rifles that I acquire in the future.

Like you I've picked up a couple of spares (now refinished w/AlumaHyde II) to put back and managed to pick them up before the prices went up and also like you I'll be darned if the looks of the Romy folder don't eventually grow on you!
Tomac
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top