Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2004 10:42:30 PM EDT
This was just aired tonight and I was wondering if anyone else watched it. Personally I found it to be propaganda at best but oh well. The item that caught my attention was when the old Col. showed off his Galil cross bread. He had (as everyone does) complained about the Galil's weight, and to correct this he used a modified AK receiver, with under folder that takes M-16 magazines and fires .223. The firearm also has the front barrel, foregrip and apparently gas-piston of the Galil.

I was wondering if anyone had any additional information on such a beast or would know where to look to build one.

Thanks,
Jack
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 10:51:23 PM EDT
[#1]
that Galil that was modified had the same reciever but just a different stock IIRC plus I dont think that was a M16 mag that he pulled out
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 12:27:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Saw the show twice ^_^, he said it was an M-16 mag, and the receiver was most certainly an AK (it wasn’t shaped like a Galil, nor did it have a Galil cocking handle).
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 1:43:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 4:39:54 AM EDT
[#4]
It wa a pretty good episode.  I was really surprised how much they disliked the Israelli FAL.  Poor reputation etc.

Overall good show.

Link Posted: 10/2/2004 6:00:27 AM EDT
[#5]
I saw that twice as well.

He ( the old col.) did say m16 mags and it looked like a stamped receiver.

Anyone know how about the barrel dimensions and whether it would fit into a 74 trunion?

Then there is the gas tube issue, what about fitment of that, would a 74 gas piston work?

I see $ jumping out of my wallet on that one.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 7:30:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 8:39:59 AM EDT
[#7]
He did say it was an M16 mag, but watch and he rocks it into place like the typical AK mag.  So I don't believe it is an M16 mag.

The main criticism they seemed to have about the FAL was that it wasn't good for fire suppression type stuff (too hard to control on full auto).  No big surprise there, 308.

Doc
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 8:57:10 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
He did say it was an M16 mag, but watch and he rocks it into place like the typical AK mag.  So I don't believe it is an M16 mag.

The main criticism they seemed to have about the FAL was that it wasn't good for fire suppression type stuff (too hard to control on full auto).  No big surprise there, 308.

Doc

yeah thats why I suspect it wasnt a M16 mag because he rocked it into place
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 9:07:56 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
This was just aired tonight and I was wondering if anyone else watched it. Personally I found it to be propaganda at best but oh well. The item that caught my attention was when the old Col. showed off his Galil cross bread. He had (as everyone does) complained about the Galil's weight, and to correct this he used a modified AK receiver, with under folder that takes M-16 magazines and fires .223. The firearm also has the front barrel, foregrip and apparently gas-piston of the Galil.

I was wondering if anyone had any additional information on such a beast or would know where to look to build one.

Thanks,
Jack

SWounds like a Daewoo DR200 to me.  Gas upper/AR mags.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 12:51:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 4:30:35 PM EDT
[#11]
AK is like 5-pounds, Galil is like 10.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 4:31:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top