Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/1/2004 1:51:17 PM EDT
I've got a bunch of AK's.  A cople Romanians SAR1's.  A Bulgarian built from a KVar parts kit.  An SSR85B from Global Trades.  A couple builds from Polish parts kits from Global on milled Bulgarian receivers.

My question, is it worth it to thread the barrels of the SAR's.  What parts do I need to ad the slant break.  Will I have to buy new front sight bases or can I just buy the detent and spring.  I'm not sure what the hell to do.  What about the bayonet lug.  Is that on the gas block?  Is it worth swapping that out.  What's the best route to go.  I put the Romanian side folder on one already.

The SSR85B has the damn slant break pinned and spot welded.  How can I undo that?  Should I send it back to Global and have them do it and add the bayonet lug?  What's the best course of action?

The Polish builds?  Those parts kits came with threaded barrels but there was no lug on them so I assume that those particular guns did not have baoyonet lugs, is that correct.  The parts were PMKM or something like that  PMKMS maybe....they were AK47 parts not AKM parts.

The Bulgarian build, I think I'm screwed.  It looks like the barrel on that one had the thread turned off, so it would be to skinny to thread.

Any suggestions would be great.

Link Posted: 10/1/2004 4:41:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Dang?  Nobody?

Been looking at K-Var's web site.  Also looked at the SAR's.  See another thread on here asking if it is possible to weld the lug back up, add material then shape it with a file.  That looks possible for the SAR's and even for the SSR85B.  Hate to mess up the finish on the SSR85B though.

What are the correct parts I'd need for the Romanian as it relates to the plunger pin and spring for the muzzle device?  
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:12:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 6:18:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Campy, is it possible to weld up and shape a lug?  I hate to buy new gasblocks.   I've got to many rifles to do that for.

Where could I get a type 1 bayonet?  
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top