Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2004 5:41:11 AM EDT
ok heres the deal I replaced my romanian gas piston with an arsenal match piston.  when I replaced it the old piston was welded in and after I cut the weld out and unscrewed it (lot of force)
I found out it was also either blind pinned or just welded through a drilled hole in the carrier.
long story short I had to remove the section of the carrier with the screwed up thread and screwed the new piston all the way down and welded the thing in for good measure and welded up the removed section also.
my question is this since the new piston is in there for good and dosent wobble will it be ok?
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:07:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Idealy the piston should wobble -- self aligning feature.  But as long as gas block is reasonably well aligned (not excessively canted) it should be fine. You may even see an improvement in accuracy. As long as you don't notice any binding when cycling by hand go ahead and shoot it
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:14:14 PM EDT
[#2]
My uncle took my gas piston/bolt carrier to his machine shop to drill the hole and put in the pin. The guy he had do it made it tight. No wobble but it cycles ok. I am gonna shoot it for the first time since that and the G2 trigger group tomorrow. Hopefully everything goes well.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top